Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham who finished in Europe want him but we’re clearly too good for him despite almost getting relegated and having no goals or creativity in the team whatsoever.

I can’t get over people’s mad opinions sometimes. People don’t like Lingard because he’s a bit of a knob off the pitch, look at our record signing ffs, there’s a lot worse in football than someone who spends a lot of his time on Instagram.

It’s nothing to do with ability; his quality is there and no one will deny it. But for the financial health of the club, it’s sustainability, its future? We would just be repeating old mistakes.
Is his ability there??

6 months at West Ham
And how many years at UTD?

He’s 30 and I can remember him being effective for about a year in total in about the last 10 years.

Got to be taking the piss with any links to Lingard, surely? Hasn't anybody seen how badly we've already been burned by Lingard MK2 Dele Alli? We really want to be wasting about £200k a week on these two players whose best days are long behind them? Joke of a club if there is any genuine interest in him.

West Ham who finished in Europe want him but we’re clearly too good for him. I can’t get over people’s mad opinions sometimes. People don’t like Lingard because he’s a bit of a knob off the pitch, look at our record signing ffs, there’s a lot worse in football than someone who spends a lot of his time on Instagram.

It's about wages for a player who is 29 and we will not be able to sell if it goes wrong.

I think the Free eliment, is the most attractive.

I get it, we cant really spend loads, so see him as a good option.

Its just net very exciting.

West Ham who finished in Europe want him but we’re clearly too good for him despite almost getting relegated and having no goals or creativity in the team whatsoever.

I can’t get over people’s mad opinions sometimes. People don’t like Lingard because he’s a bit of a knob off the pitch, look at our record signing ffs, there’s a lot worse in football than someone who spends a lot of his time on Instagram.

Don’t think you’re grasping at all why this would be a bad signing.

Same people that don’t like DCL because he wears dodgy clothes I imagine

I also don’t understand him being called a leech. He was a Man U fan who was promised game time at United after a good loan at West Ham so he stayed there.
Then they bought Ronaldo and Ole was sacked and he didn’t get the games he was promised - hardly his fault and I can see why he was annoyed

And if he does, move on.

Theres a reason Moyes wants him/but also isn't willing to pay daft wages.
The problem I have is what's a fair wage for a 29 year old who couldn't break into an average UTD team for around 2 years?

I'd feel ill if the club offers him a 2+1 contract term at 100k. (I expect he'd want a lot more than that.)

An incredibly lazy/obvious Everton recruitment move.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.