Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack wins you games

Defence wins you titles

Tarkowski, Patterson and Mykolenko all seem like good signing however the fear is that Coleman and Michael keane are still going to find a way to worm into our starting team. There is still a lot of work to do with improving our defence. Anither centre half like Colwill and a defensive mid who can protect the defence is crucial.

Apologies. And yes it was.

Yes very close. I think last year it is:
-111* (which is 2 years joined and averaged, and has been written down)
(I don't know how they avoided failure)

This year
-67 (but with around 70m player trading to go back on so really a +4)

Next year
+4
TBC
We can lose around 35 million and be compliant. We probably have 25m from Kean to add in. So that gives us 60m. We have probably saved maybe 15m in wages so that is 75m wriggle room. However the business loses around 50-70m before player sales, and with some sponsorships lost, probably towards the high figure. To add a final bit of complication, some of the loss, can be written down to stadium etc. I don't know how much can be written off.

But back of a fag figures, before anyone else comes in, in terms of yearly fee + wages, I would estimate we have from between 5-25m to spend, before any further sales are made.

Lots of moving parts though. A big bid for another player would certainly help.

If weve got only £20mil to use on transfer fees...then thats still £100mill immediate spending power spread over 5 years.

We need to move on squad players and it looks like Kean isnt going to be moving till next summer.

We'll have that £4mil extra loan fee.

There is actually quite a big one, Forest fans reckon seem to think he will still leave (to be replaced by Ilias Chair from QPR) and they are not a club who could refuse a decent offer if it was made.
Wasnt he close to a new deal? Not signed yet of course.

No idea if there’s anything to it but my mate (who works in the England youth set-up) reckons we’re looking at Max Aarons. Bizarre if true having signed Patterson in January but thought I’d throw it in here in case any links appear.

If thats the case then it would make perfect sense...

-- A back 3 needs 2 RWB. We only have Patterson.

-- Aarons and Patterson are both very fast and would be similar attacking threats.

-- Others (e.g Iwobi) arent moved out of position.

-- Increased competition.

At least it will make 1 person happy @Zatara

Makes perfect sense to me. Id see it as a smart move for the reasons above.

I think were probably a back 3 team this season.

Tarkowski- Free
Erikson- Free
Knight- £2-3m?
KLP- £13m
Boss DM- £Nothing, they are paying us to play here.

This transfer biz is easy.

If we go back 3 something like:

Aarons
Colwill
Garner (loan)
Gallagher (loan)
KLP
Madueke

Work on that list. All young English and overpriced.

But their values should increase and finally we start to build foundations.

Attack wins you games

Defence wins you titles

Tarkowski, Patterson and Mykolenko all seem like good signing however the fear is that Coleman and Michael keane are still going to find a way to worm into our starting team. There is still a lot of work to do with improving our defence. Anither centre half like Colwill and a defensive mid who can protect the defence is crucial.

GK: Pickford / Begovic
LWB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
LCB: Colwill / Holgate
CB: Tarkowski / Branthwaite
RCB: Godfrey / Coleman
RWB: Patterson / Aarons
CM: Garner / Davies
CM: Gallagher / Price
CM: Doucoure / Iwobi
ACM: Dele / KLP
LF: Gordon / Gray
CF: DCL / Rondon
RF: Madueke / Dobbin

13 positions there which can all be tweaked and tinkered.

Tarkowski + 6 more signings (incl 2 loans).

Any cash over to replace Rondon and thats probably a top 8 squad.

If weve got only £20mil to use on transfer fees...then thats still £100mill immediate spending power spread over 5 years.
No Zat, if we have 20m for transfer fees, we have 20m to spend.

You dont suddenly grow 80m, that 80m would need to be paid, its not ONLY about FFP.

Our main issue has nothing to do with FFP, our issue is Profit and Loss and spending 80m extra, goes firmly into the loss column.

I know how amortisation works, so for FFP purposes, you are indeed correct, the only issue is that although the 100m spend would be spread over 5 years, the spend on the transfer fee would be spread over 3 years max.

I can only assume Moshiri has been using your method and totally ignoring P&L and look where we now are.

You wont take any notice of this, you never do, but money goes in, when more money goes out than goes in, then you have a real issue.

No Zat, if we have 20m for transfer fees, we have 20m to spend.

You dont suddenly grow 80m, that 80m would need to be paid, its not ONLY about FFP.

Our main issue has nothing to do with FFP, our issue is Profit and Loss and spending 80m extra, goes firmly into the loss column.

I know how amortisation works, so for FFP purposes, you are indeed correct, the only issue is that although the 100m spend would be spread over 5 years, the spend on the transfer fee would be spread over 3 years max.

I can only assume Moshiri has been using your method and totally ignoring P&L and look where we now are.

You wont take any notice of this, you never do, but money goes in, when more money goes out than goes in, then you have a real issue.

What do you mean by this part?

Are you referring to the 3 year rolling regulation calculation?

If so then it would still be showing £20mil a year.

What do you mean by this part?

Are you referring to the 3 year rolling regulation calculation?

If so then it would still be showing £20mil a year.
No Zat, we have to pay clubs for the players we bought, it comes out of our money, we spend like 85% of our income on wages and that was before we lost our USM sponsorship.

Look, ive no idea whats going on, as I said earlier, its way to complicated for me to work out.

All I know is that we spent 1.7million last Summer and we just did everything we could to get our best player out the door as a matter of urgency.

They are not the actions of a club thats about to spend 100m on players or is even able.

You are focusing solely on FFP, focus on PROFIT AND LOSS, no fancy tricks, money in, money out.

Status
Not open for further replies.