Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was exceedingly confusing...

So youre saying the 21/22 season we had to balance with -£13mil from the 1st season of the 3 ?

So its effectively
-£13mil
-£111mil
-£80mil

As of tomorrow then it will be
-£111mil
-£80mil
+£4mil

If this season 22/23 we can get things breakeven then it may be

-£80mil
+£4mil
+/- £0mil

Is that correct?

Apologies. And yes it was.

Yes very close. I think last year it is:
-111* (which is 2 years joined and averaged, and has been written down)
(I don't know how they avoided failure)

This year
-67 (but with around 70m player trading to go back on so really a +4)

Next year
+4
TBC
We can lose around 35 million and be compliant. We probably have 25m from Kean to add in. So that gives us 60m. We have probably saved maybe 15m in wages so that is 75m wriggle room. However the business loses around 50-70m before player sales, and with some sponsorships lost, probably towards the high figure. To add a final bit of complication, some of the loss, can be written down to stadium etc. I don't know how much can be written off.

But back of a fag figures, before anyone else comes in, in terms of yearly fee + wages, I would estimate we have from between 5-25m to spend, before any further sales are made.

Lots of moving parts though. A big bid for another player would certainly help.

Only positive so far is that the club did not take winks. Rich leaving is what it is was always going to leave but the price is all down to how badly this club has been run. Really hope we dont make the same mistakes in this transfer window and that we can get this takeover over the line. Get a real board in and finally run this club as all us fans deserve it to be run.

According to The Athletic, Todd has adopted the 'baseball mentality' of suggesting player trades

could have traded richarlison for gallagher and some money maybe

who knows

dont think it would have happened though as it looks like we needed straight up cash for him

if todd is prepared to accept players trades wonder if we could reach an agreement where mina goes to chelsea and we get someone in return
Have Chelsea expressed any interest in Mina or just throwing a name out there because they have needs at the back?

Dream would be Erickson on the right, Gallacher, Zinchenko in the centre and Broja as backup cf no idea on the dm though - still love Gueye back one season on loan.band KLP replacing gray.

No chance of it happening though

I hope the club are smart and negotiate properly. I am very wary of this American takeover and Kenyon, but you do think some level pf professionalism would come into the club with them. You don't become chairman of a 30bn company if you're not prudent.

On the above, Gallacher and Zinchenko could be loans as could Gueye. 2 domestic, 1 international, well within the 4 that are allowed.

Eriksen on a free, KLP has had a bid accepted for 15m.

I appreciate it's a fair whack on wages, but you'd not actually spent out much on fees there, and have probably improved the team. You have to hope we can get out lads like Gomes, and though it pains me to say it Allan on loan in the above scenario.

It's then up to Thelwell to start identifying younger players who are cheap and dripping them in.

The time for that was 2017 but still

I still think it's sort of the time for that.

I read somewhere spending down up to 65% across European leagues post the pandemic. We can't attract the A list young talent in most cases, but there must be a lot of "b list" talent available at under 10m quid. Someone mentioned a midifelder at St Etienne who went down. We should be all over these sort of deals.

I still think it's sort of the time for that.

I read somewhere spending down up to 65% across European leagues post the pandemic. We can't attract the A list young talent in most cases, but there must be a lot of "b list" talent available at under 10m quid. Someone mentioned a midifelder at St Etienne who went down. We should be all over these sort of deals.
I meant the time to start

Status
Not open for further replies.