Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently so. No reason they couldnt announce it earlier - not that it matters.

I wouldn't put it past the club announcing on tuesday so they can film all the arrival nonsense videos tomorrow on first day back
Yeh that’s it, any other club it would be guaranteed to be announced tomorrow. Who knows when we will announce lol

You do know we still have ongoing payments due to clubs for players we have already bought.

We havent sold to buy, we sold to exist.
Rubbish we will be buying players, don’t believe all you read. We’ve been told a while back we are within the rules of FFP Burnley didn’t like it but the primer league said we are ok. Yes some of the fee will go back into the club but a big amount will be available for players, also we are not skint we just aren’t allowed to spend what we would like to due to over spending for to many years.

Agree, if I read it correctly, it means the whole Richarlison sale has gone into paying off debts, leaving us with ZERO to spend, kinda explains why we cant afford 20m for Harry Potter or Harry Winks.

Stick a fork in this window, its done.

I think it means that was last year, and we will have satisfied FFP. Remember we were just under on the 3 year scheme. The year to "come off" for this year is -13 loss. So in order to stay within rules, we need basically better than a -13 loss.

Before player trading -70. With player trading add back in 74m ish, so a +4.

The next year to come off, is a -111 year. So we have a lot more flexibility next year (i.e from July onwards). We will have a bad 19/20 (counted as one) -80, last year will be a +4 and whatever this year ends up being.

Rubbish we will be buying players, don’t believe all you read. We’ve been told a while back we are within the rules of FFP Burnley didn’t like it but the primer league said we are ok. Yes some of the fee will go back into the club but a big amount will be available for players, also we are not skint we just aren’t allowed to spend what we would like to due to over spending for to many years.
We will see mate.

We lost vast sums via our USM sponsor , IMO the Richy sale has gone to pay off debts, there will be a small volume of purchases mainly funded in part by other sales.

Im not being negative for the sake of it, I really did think we would have the Richy money to spend, but im not convinced thats the case at all.

No point in tiresome back and forth, we only need to wait 8 weeks to see.

We need two forwards with Richy going, one wide forward who can play up front when needed and another one. DCL and Rondon(who I would bomb out the door anyway) isn't enough especially when we don't get many goals from out wide or midfield. We also need to find a way to get Alli scoring.

I think it means that was last year, and we will have satisfied FFP. Remember we were just under on the 3 year scheme. The year to "come off" for this year is -13 loss. So in order to stay within rules, we need basically better than a -13 loss.

Before player trading -70. With player trading add back in 74m ish, so a +4.

The next year to come off, is a -111 year. So we have a lot more flexibility next year (i.e from July onwards). We will have a bad 19/20 (counted as one) -80, last year will be a +4 and whatever this year ends up being.
Its impossible for me to work out, not impossible, but im sure somebody more knowledgable will work it out.

Too many factors at present, covid average years, covid write downs, stadium write downs.

Not a chance I tackle it.

We will see mate.

We lost vast sums via our USM sponsor , IMO the Richy sale has gone to pay off debts, there will be a small volume of purchases mainly funded in part by other sales.

Im not being negative for the sake of it, I really did think we would have the Richy money to spend, but im not convinced thats the case at all.

No point in tiresome back and forth, we only need to wait 8 weeks to see.
I am no FFP expert but isn't the case you can spread payments when buying players? Thus say we now have 50m wiggle room that can be spread over two or three players? I am sure you are right we need to trim the wage bill and sell further and also hope Kean gets sold too.

I am no FFP expert but isn't the case you can spread payments when buying players? Thus say we now have 50m wiggle room that can be spread over two or three players? I am sure you are right we need to trim to sell further and also hope Kean gets sold too.
That would normally be the case.

But im seeing us as using that money to pay for the players we have ALREADY bought and to satisfy the debts.

Almost giving us a free canvas, but instead of us being 60m in the black, we are at ZERO.

Its impossible for me to work out, not impossible, but im sure somebody more knowledgable will work it out.

Too many factors at present, covid average years, covid write downs, stadium write downs.

Not a chance I tackle it.
And the fourth factor.

Our board.

That would normally be the case.

But im seeing us as using that money to pay for the players we have ALREADY bought and to satisfy the debts.

Almost giving us a free canvas, but instead of us being 60m in the black, we are at ZERO.
It's a total mess this club has been utterly mismanaged. For me the owner and board going can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.