2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it was the same if we sold Dom mate.

We had to sell one of them because we need the funds. It's as simple as that. It's crap, but we all knew the score going into the summer.
When you weaken a squad that only got 39 points, then we all know what might happen.

The board should be resigning over how it got to this point.

Thelwell and Lampard have an enormous job now. It might now even be possible to get us out of this.

Mate am not sure why you think we have done ok selling players, since lukaku (ignoring digne) I think we have raised like 11m or something ludicrous in transfer fees.

We are absolutely awful at selling players - we cannot do it, and when we get an asset who is important to us and how we play we have Bill buying levy a steak down in London and probably agreeing to knock 20m off while paying for the meal.

Selling players and Everton is a awful combination. It’s one of the worst aspects of this club.
We’ve raised nothing because we’ve sold know one of note. We’ve mainly bought players at the wrong ages they have stagnated and are either still here or contracts have now run out. Poor buys is the problem we never bought in players that we’re going to have a resale value if we did they have failed miserably (Mouse Kean good exampl) , I hope that changes from now on. But Digne sale though I thought he was worth more got us Patterson and Mykolenko that turned in the a good deal Imo. Trouble really started when Carlo came in and as good as he was James was a bad move as we couldn’t really afford him and deals like that took us to near the FFP now we are suffering for that.

When you weaken a squad that only got 39 points, then we all know what might happen.

The board should be resigning over how it got to this point.

Thelwell and Lampard have an enormous job now. It might now even be possible to get us out of this.
But ultimately it's a vicious circle isn't it?

We didn't spend last summer, appointed a crap manager and look where we ended up. Then as a result of previous mis-spending, we now can only spend what we bring in from transfers (or have to settle for loans/fees/very cheap deals).

You knew this was going to happen Tim. Surely?

I fully agree that the board should go. They're a shambles. But ultimately this is the business model we have to operate in - and actually it's what the model is of most clubs outside the elite - you buy decent young players, see them improve and sell them on.

Unfortunately it means losing our best player after a crap season. But it's where we are right now.

All we can do is hope that the funds are given to the right people (i.e. Thelwell and his team/Lampard) to get in the players.

There's no point being shocked by it, it's just football. Like I said, anyone who is remotely surprised that one of the big players is going must've been living in denial. There was zero chance we were getting through to September with both Dom and Richy still at the club. The only surprise for me is the sale might actually happen quickly enough for us to make improvements in other areas of the team before the season starts.

Some of the comments about how he won't win anything with Spurs and them not being a CL regular gives me a similar feeling to when the likes of Watford and Southampton have a go at us for being boring and only existing in the PL "to make up the numbers" as if they're in a position to ridicule us.

If Richarlison was having to make a decision based on who'd achieved more throughout their history, then of course, with their pathetic league title haul of only 2, i'd agree that Spurs would not be a step up.

However, that is irrelevant and they are miles ahead of us at the moment. Since 2010 they've only finished outside the top 6 once, and in that time they've come 4th x 4, 3rd x 2, 2nd x 1.

We have managed 1 4th place finish in the PL era, almost 20 years ago now, and we didn't even make the main competition. Spurs have been battling it out with the top clubs in Europe, had historic European nights. That's what Richarlison will want a taste of, and he simply won't ever get it with us.

Hopefully in the coming years we can start to close the gap on them as they should be a club we should be trying to emulate, and also adding a few trophies to go along with having a good team but it's going to be a long process for us.

But ultimately it's a vicious circle isn't it?

We didn't spend last summer, appointed a crap manager and look where we ended up. Then as a result of previous mis-spending, we now can only spend what we bring in from transfers (or have to settle for loans/fees/very cheap deals).

You knew this was going to happen Tim. Surely?

I fully agree that the board should go. They're a shambles. But ultimately this is the business model we have to operate in - and actually it's what the model is of most clubs outside the elite - you buy decent young players, see them improve and sell them on.

Unfortunately it means losing our best player after a crap season. But it's where we are right now.

All we can do is hope that the funds are given to the right people (i.e. Thelwell and his team/Lampard) to get in the players.

There's no point being shocked by it, it's just football. Like I said, anyone who is remotely surprised that one of the big players is going must've been living in denial. There was zero chance we were getting through to September with both Dom and Richy still at the club. The only surprise for me is the sale might actually happen quickly enough for us to make improvements in other areas of the team before the season starts.
Its selling to Spurs and Villa. It's embarrassing. I dont think its good enough.

I fully expected this but I dont see any positives from it. I dont see how we can have a stronger squad than last year without the one player who would drag others along and fight for the badge.

I dont have faith in the club getting it right with replacements. I think we are looking at another season like last year and I dont see any solutions.

Lampard and Thelwell could do perfectly good jobs this year and it might still not be good enough to get us closer to midtable.

Past caring I think.

Good player, somewhat iconic but whatever. Players come and go. All of them will let you down at some point.
Lampard came in to save us, he did that now i see it as a new era, Dele was bought for a reason ( I think change of style) so perhaps all this Richy stuff was discussed with Spurs back them. I want to see us play different we have looked so poor for far to long, Lampard could hardly have liked what he saw for most of last season he will want us playing nicer football, so to do that he needs to bring in his preferred type of players. For some reason he seems to like Dom who am I to argue that, but perhaps Richy didn’t really fit into his plan to much and alway knew he would most likely be losing him. Now it’s crunch time to get at least 4 decent hungry players in.

Its selling to Spurs and Villa. It's embarrassing. I dont think its good enough.

I fully expected this but I dont see any positives from it. I dont see how we can have a stronger squad than last year without the one player who would drag others along and fight for the badge.

I dont have faith in the club getting it right with replacements. I think we are looking at another season like last year and I dont see any solutions.

Lampard and Thelwell could do perfectly good jobs this year and it might still not be good enough to get us closer to midtable.
Well Digne hadn’t really set the world alight since his move.

Spurs are a Champions League club (by definition, they're playing at least six games in it this coming autumn), with a world class manager and two world class forwards, who are clearly looking to build something. Like it or not, they're a big step ahead of us right now, and then they're a step further back from the top two of course (but Richarlison isn't a fit for City and would never go to Liverpool).

Villa - we all know why that deal went through. That's Rafael Benitez for you, Villa stumped up the cash and the club bit the hand off to back Benitez and get some money in.

I don't have faith, but we have to see what Lampard and Thelwell do. But if we'd have not sold anyone, what would we have done? Because we do not have any money to spend that would be enough so what, we hope we don't get any injuries again? With a majority of the squad that isn't fit, clearly, to play the way the manager actually wants to play?

It's the way of the world mate.

You might not think it's 'good enough' selling Richy to Spurs but our £60m+ valuation of him is - while fair - exactly why he is going to Spurs. Because only another Premier League team can afford that for him, unless you count PSG (don't need him) or Real Madrid (don't need him). Barca haven't got a pot to p*** in until they sell De Jong, Bayern have brought in Mane anyway and still might have to lose Lewandowski, Atletico - who would be a great move for Richy - have to bring in €40m through sales until they can make one purchase, and the Italian clubs aren't exactly flush (Milan wanted that Botman who's gone to Newcastle but couldn't go over €30m for him).

So it narrows the market down. Chelsea have gone for Raphinha and want Sterling too... So it leaves Spurs of the CL clubs. And they are simply a better team than us mate, far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.