2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are closer to being a top team than Everton are. Much closer.

I also don't think Richarlison will ever be a 'top top' player. If Madrid had come in for him, say, it would have been because Ancelotti pulled his weight and demanded it.

Also, these are Spurs' PL finishes dating back to 2009-10

Throw in the fact they've reached a Champions League final too.

We're just nowhere near them.

View attachment 171780
Still they are light years behind the top 2, no prizes for coming second in the champions league. I know we are along way off of them, but they are not a big team where are the trophies? I bet a lot of there fans would prefer a trophy than CL just to make up the numbers.

Spurs are miles ahead of us at present but they are not a club you join if you want to win trophies.

Selling our best player to them annoys me a lot. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't. We shouldn't be this far behind them. There is absolutely no excuse for it and as I said, the board should be offering resignations.
Do they have more of a chance of winning a trophy right now than Everton do? Yes, they do.

What's Richarlison meant to do mate? The club need to sell, he wants to play Champions League footy. Spurs, with one of the best managers in world football who wants you to join as his no.1 target, come calling... is he meant to say 'oh no, you've only reached two finals in the past three years, I'll stay at Everton thanks'?

It annoys me, it's crap, but it is what it is. We finished 16th, they finished 4th. We're skint, they've got cash. It is what it is.

Board should have resigned a long time ago.

If he ever kicks a ball for another EPL club I will hate football more than I already do.

And that’s a very very very low bar….

I don’t mean the beautiful game itself, I mean the greedy scumfest it’s become since sky got involved.

Do they have more of a chance of winning a trophy right now than Everton do? Yes, they do.

What's Richarlison meant to do mate? The club need to sell, he wants to play Champions League footy. Spurs, with one of the best managers in world football who wants you to join as his no.1 target, come calling... is he meant to say 'oh no, you've only reached two finals in the past three years, I'll stay at Everton thanks'?

It annoys me, it's crap, but it is what it is. We finished 16th, they finished 4th. We're skint, they've got cash. It is what it is.

Board should have resigned a long time ago.
Board should have signed decent young players, not over the hill players that have cost us a fortune, i didn’t hear many fans moaning when we bought all this players in, we are now paying the price for that. Carlo was a massive mistake by hiring him we had to back him and it has cost us big style. one thing though when a big team comes a calling Conte will be gone, he was moaning when they didn’t back him in January Richy deal is probably to butter him up un till an offer comes in for Son or Kane.

1656543684187.png

Spurs are better than us
They have better players than us
They have a quality manager
They have a brilliant stadium
They regularly play Champions League football

Do we need to sell players - yes
Do we need to sell at reduced prices - most likely

Simple really.
But they still have very little chance of winning a trophy, so if a big job turns up Conte will be gone because he want to win things. Spurs has just proved a good stop gap much like Carlo with us. Carlo was to good for us as Conte is to good for them.

But they still have very little chance of winning a trophy, so if a big job turns up Conte will be gone because he want to win things. Spurs has just proved a good stop gap much like Carlo with us. Carlo was to good for us as Conte is to good for them.
Currently they have a better manager
And every other point is also true .
Champions league club buys players off poor teams. It's a fact

They are better than us, but with what they have they didn’t exactly set the world a light last season they were nearly as dreadful as us in a lot of games, they did though manage to get a decent run going and Arsenal,Utd and West Ham let them have it, it was more of that than them winning top 4, but they are still light years behind the top 2 and I can’t see Chelsea,Arsenal and Utd being as bad this season so hopefully Spurs are put back in the place of 6 / 7 come next may. Horrible team.

And yet they finished with CL qualification and also battered us 5-0 at their place.

Clutching at straws here.

I get people are sad he’s leaving and understandably so as he clearly loves the club, however, we have lost better players than richarlison and life still goes on and Everton still will be Everton. Good luck to him, just don’t score against us.

Still they are light years behind the top 2, no prizes for coming second in the champions league. I know we are along way off of them, but they are not a big team where are the trophies? I bet a lot of there fans would prefer a trophy than CL just to make up the numbers.

Trophies are one aspect of it, but again, we aren't in a position to be throwing those comments out when we haven't won one ourselves for 27 years.

Very few clubs win trophies these days in all of the top leagues. It's the same select few (plus Leicester bizarrely in England recently, but that was an anomaly and won't continue). So if a club isn't winning trophies, you then look at what else they do.

On the one hand you have Everton, a club going nowhere any time soon, who just nearly got relegated and haven't competed a single season in Europe's top cup competition. On the other you have Spurs who have just qualified for the CL yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.