Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my job mate thats Thellwell and Lampards decision to make.

But a thigh injury to DCL next season would leave us with a front 3 of:

Gordon Rondon Potter

That 3 sends us down imo nowhere near enough gols.
johnson.jpg

Im just wondering if this is you suggesting we spend 50m on Brennan Johnson?

Others have covered this.

We need to sell more players and bring in several new signings not only KLP.

But he should be the Richarlison replacement.

Tarkowski's about to be confirmed...if the next one was KLP then we'd probably be 3 off a decent side
We need Richarlison to be gone sooner rather than later,we don't want to be lining up against Chelsea with two or three players who've hardly trained with the rest of the squad.

We don’t necessarily need to replace Richarlison like for like we could use the money to spread goals around the team a bit more, a winger who gets half the goals/assists as Richy (Potter for example) and an attacking midfielder who will chip in with 5-7 goals a season.

View attachment 171734

Im just wondering if this is you suggesting we spend 50m on Brennan Johnson?

Brennan Johnson wouldn't be our best players replacement though?

I have no problem with competition on the right for Gordon but we need a goalscorer out on the left to replace Richy first and foremost (and one who ideally can play up top if DCL continues to be crocked).

The fans cant moan about relegation battles and lack of gols then champion the idea of selling our best forward and replacing him with a kid from the championship who isn't even that prolific tbh.

Brennan Johnson wouldn't be our best players replacement though?

I have no problem with competition on the right for Gordon but we need a goalscorer out on the left to replace Richy first and foremost (and one who ideally can play up top if DCL continues to be crocked).

The fans cant moan about relegation battles and lack of gols then champion the idea of selling our best forward and replacing him with a good from the championship who isn't even that prolific tbh.
Again, im all ears about the profile of player you think we should get instead.

And try not to hide behind not my job, you keep saying we dont want a good Championship player, despite you championing Bowen and Johnson.

So please, tell me the profile of player you think we should buy, I dont even need names, just what are YOU looking for?

Again, im all ears about the profile of player you think we should get instead.

And try not to hide behind not my job, you keep saying we dont want a good Championship player, despite you championing Bowen and Johnson.

So please, tell me the profile of player you think we should buy, I dont even need names, just what are YOU looking for?

Profile?

Mid 20's or so

Decent goalscoring record in a decent standard of league

Can play across the front line ideally

Would be my profile of signing - if the dough is there sign Potter as an understudy by all means.

So you dont want Premier League proven?

Cos Potter fits the bill for the profile you listed.

Im not that fussed on PL proven but ideally they would need to have scored goals in a decent standard of league.

Fans need to realise the Championship is a division where Dwight Gayle can rack up 20-30 goals a season. For every one prospect that makes it many others dont.

Brennan Johnson looked the standout yoof player down there last season - there is a danger of assuming every young player who bags a few goals and gets good reviews will automatically turn out boss.

Look at the simping over every signing Crystal Palace make when they are still finishing 12th-14th in the table.

Im not that fussed on PL proven but ideally they would need to have scored goals in a decent standard of league.

Fans need to realise the Championship is a division where Dwight Gayle can rack up 20-30 goals a season. For every one prospect that makes it many others dont.

Brennan Johnson looked the standout yoof player down there last season - there is a danger of assuming every young player who bags a few goals and gets good reviews will automatically turn out boss.

Look at the simping over every signing Crystal Palace make when they are still finishing 12th-14th in the table.
I believe there is no right or wrong place to buy players, its about the players.

Look at The Championship, your boy Bowen made the step up almost instantly, it took the boy Lewin a few years to upgrade. Then theres the likes of Lookman and at the other end Maddison.

So for me there isnt a bad place to buy.

I believe there is no right or wrong place to buy players, its about the players.

Look at The Championship, your boy Bowen made the step up almost instantly, it took the boy Lewin a few years to upgrade. Then theres the likes of Lookman and at the other end Maddison.

So for me there isnt a bad place to buy.

I get your point - but we are in a very precarious position having just finished 16th, no goals in the side, our main CF having reoccurring injuries and missing most of last season with our top goal scorer looking half oot the door.

I could think of many better scenarios we would be in as a club before we replace Richarlison with a 21 year old from the championship who wasn't exactly prolific and is still learning bis trade.

Think of the pressure on him right from the start if results aint going well - right type of signing at the wrong time for me unless the money is there to sign 2x wide players.

Status
Not open for further replies.