Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I dare click on that?

1656430162209.png

Transfer threads are very strange. Juve fans couldn't believe their luck when we bought Kulusevski and Bentancur and half our fans threw their toys out the pram when we bought them. Both players were a revelation and without them we wouldn't have achieved top 4.

It's the same on here. How many times have the words 'if they are not good enought for Spurs, we should not be buying them' been posted?

I think this is probably fair, but it's more the valuation that us frustrating.

I dont mind Bergwijn, but I think you guys paid 30m and he has gone backwards. Hes probably a £10m pound player for us given our financial situation.

I also like Rodon, but we have 6 CBs currently so dont have much interest in another.

Winks is probably good too, theres a case hes our best midfielder, but again not sure hes more than a 10m player.

This is all in a universe where Richarlison is say 50-55m.

The other issue is, we need to show a big profit on the books. I'm not sure we can do that if we have loads of swaps. That's not being facetious, I genuinely dont know. Like if we cant, its probably a none starter.

I can see something happening where they sign Richarlison for an undisclosed fee, then we sign Bergwijn, Winks and Lucas Moura all for undisclosed fees as well, so it’s like no money has changed hands. Basically a swap deal.

Yes to most of that.

Have a sinking feeling about Tark but that sadly seems a done deal and rate Cornet a long way ahead of Dennis - could well come in cheaper too.

Haven't seen much of Cornet myself, but 9 goals last season (from what looks to be left wing) is a good return, and with a decent striker in front of him, would hopefully get more assists. I would assume Dennis would be cheaper though as that's being quoted at 20m and didn't Burnley pay near 15m for Cornet?

Surprised we aren't getting linked to more CBs as well to be honest. Because we still have to partner Tarks.

Well the way I’d look at it I’d want my front 3 to be scoring 30 goals a season at least. Think Dom should be getting 15 if fully fit, Dennis scored 10 this season, as did Richy and then you’ve got Bergwjin who should definitely score more than Gray or Gordon despite none of them being great goal threats, think he’d be great for working with Dom though and getting balls into good areas.

Cornet scored 3 goals since Jan 3rd

Dennis scored 2 goals since Jan 1st

Both played mostly at centre forward.

Has it not occured to anyone that:

1: Both players didnt deliver 2nd half of the season. In Dennis' case he was good for 2.5 months.

2: Perhaps theyve been found out?

3: Cornet missed so many chances it was unreal...so perhaps hes just average, like he was in France for many years

4: Dennis has a history of attitude concerns...to be kind.

5: Which top 6 clubs that were aspiring to become would want these players? Who would be making offers to us for them in 1 or 2 seasons....its unlikely anyone would.

So many others to sign before these two.

Cornet scored 3 goals since Jan 3rd

Dennis scored 2 goals since Jan 1st

Both played mostly at centre forward.

Has it not occured to anyone that:

1: Both players didnt deliver 2nd half of the season. In Dennis' case he was good for 2.5 months.

2: Perhaps theyve been found out?

3: Cornet missed so many chances it was unreal...so perhaps hes just average, like he was in France for many years

4: Dennis has a history of attitude concerns...to be kind.

5: Which top 6 clubs that were aspiring to become would want these players? Who would be making offers to us for them in 1 or 2 seasons....its unlikely anyone would.

So many others to sign before these two.

Given our position, we are not going to be in for top 6 level talent, we are talking about a back up striker for when dom is out, not even a starter, either of these would be fine for that. Again, given our position. If we were in the champions league or something then we might be able to attract a better class of player.

I think this is probably fair, but it's more the valuation that us frustrating.

I dont mind Bergwijn, but I think you guys paid 30m and he has gone backwards. Hes probably a £10m pound player for us given our financial situation.

I also like Rodon, but we have 6 CBs currently so dont have much interest in another.

Winks is probably good too, theres a case hes our best midfielder, but again not sure hes more than a 10m player.

This is all in a universe where Richarlison is say 50-55m.

The other issue is, we need to show a big profit on the books. I'm not sure we can do that if we have loads of swaps. That's not being facetious, I genuinely dont know. Like if we cant, its probably a none starter.
Spurs buy richarlison for 100m and we show a big profit on the books - say 90m

Cost to spurs is £20 a year over 5 years

We buy winks for £50m and spurs show a big profit

Cost to Everton to £10m a year over 5 years

Year 1 - spurs £50m profit, Everton 90m proft
Year 2 - spurs £20m cost, Everton £10m cost
Year 3 - etc

Nice way of fudging both teams accounts for this year

Status
Not open for further replies.