Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll be the Southern softie Spurs that have averaged 5th place for the last 17 seasons?

Spurs have been better than Liverpool for much of the last 20 years, yet not looked like winning anything, compared to them winning every cup going, even when they were crap.

It’s a mentality thing with Spurs - much like Everton, they just don’t have it in them to win trophies anymore.

Shortly, tarks
We’ve changed our policy, that seems clear
He doesn't actually have a predecessor, he's just the latest in our giant pile of centre halves, maybe if we sell Mina you might have a point. People are also acting like he's prime Maldini, don't get me wrong I'm supportive of his signing but he's a former Burnley centre half on £90k a week, it's not like he's some mega bargain.

I'm not sure we have changed our policy, solid premier league pros on massive wages is classic Everton. As is signing Winks, we're deffo signing him, a midfielder that doesn't tackle, set up goals or score, who runs like he's in treacle and passes five yards sideways. It's all pretty familiar stuff.

Why wouldn’t dele be a starter next season, after a full (albeit shortened) pre season with frank?

He was showing a bit of something for us those last few matches - if he can get his fitness right he plays, it’s ludicrous to say he wouldn’t.

If he's fit and able he starts.

Now now, don’t make us blow the cobwebs of our 9 league titles so we can put them next to your two.
I’m sure you’ve all taken it personally at times when your ‘one of our own’ was getting linked with teams above you too.

I mentioned the last 17 seasons. Our respective trophy cabinets don't look too dissimilar over that period.

It's a sad state of affairs when Spurs yes Spurs are taking our best players while we stand here with our pants down taking a whipping, we used to be above spurs and they always dreamt of what it would be like to be a team like Everton.

Now we are just a total embarrassment of a club.
I know it sucks considering where we were in the living memories of most of our supporters but Spurs really are like a top 12 club in Europe now so it isn't that bad

Stop the hostility towards Spurs! They're a well-run club with the best stadium in the league by a mile, with two world class strikers and a superb squad packed full of quality. Oh, and their board knows how to run a football club. They don't even need Richarlison or Gordon. The hostility is probably born out of jealousy, as they are, in all honesty, everything that we should be. Two clubs that previously (2000-2010) weren't known for spending megabucks, we should have had Kings Dock and could easily be as good as Spurs are now. I'd say they actually underachieved last season quite badly, as 4th with that squad imo isn't good enough. But there's no need for anybody to start slanging matches with their fans who, by and large, are sound as a pound. They also hate Liverpool, so another +1 to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.