New Everton Stadium Discussion

How are you feeling about the new stadium my son? I bet you're buzzing like a spinsters hand luggage.

God bless.
Now these serial failures have definitely got this up and running I am excited about it. Anyone who ever thought that this was a foregone conclusion even within the last year had rocks in their head.

So you've moved on from your complaint that the Orange Order walked up it to it now not meeting your steepness requirements?

What's with the past tense, too? It's still there, and it's still a hill. Get down there with your inclinometer.

View attachment 171522
...but it's not got the steepness that poor old @Eggs thought it had that made him feel we should call the south stand 'The Brow'.

FFS 'the Brow'. If it had that rake to it it'd have to extend down to Stanley Dock.

It did make me chortle like, so hats off to him.

Anyone have any idea how the new stadium steepness of stands and close proximity to the pitch compares with juventus stadium...
Comparable. This 33 degree rake - IIRC that's what the Everton Stadium would be.

Comparable. This 33 degree rake - IIRC that's what the Everton Stadium would be.

Thank you, I'm liking that alot

….if you walk to work up the Everton Brow steps, you’ll have thighs like Gerd Muller:

View attachment 171525

….ha, ha, I have no idea of the rake but it’s steep & it’s a symbolic link to aspects of our past.

I`ve used those steps numerous times for hill training, as do many people and I can confirm, that even though they fail to meet @davek stringent steepness requirements, that, to us mortals, they are indeed very steep.

He's just bitching at you because you poke fun at him. No doubt he'll have something else to make an issue of before the day is out.

So far the list of complaints includes :

Exploding helicopters.
Stray wind turbine blades.
The boundary wall being listed, too high and unsightly.
The new brickwork pattern, not being to his liking.

Moving on to this mornings complaints :

We`ve now got the Lodge marching up Everton Brow and thereby soiling the hallowed ground of Everton Brow, but this is balanced out by the fact that it`s not steep enough.

Can someone ring for the Doctor please.

So far the list of complaints includes :

Exploding helicopters.
Stray wind turbine blades.
The boundary wall being listed, too high and unsightly.
The new brickwork pattern, not being to his liking.

Moving on to this mornings complaints :

We`ve now got the Lodge marching up Everton Brow and thereby soiling the hallowed ground of Everton Brow, but this is balanced out by the fact that it`s not steep enough.

Can someone ring for the Doctor please.
He also objected to us playing Dynamo Kyiv to raise money for Ukrainian refugees because of neo-nazis, or something. He's grasping to stay relevant as GoTs resident polemicist. Jimmy (@ForeverBlue92) has usurped him as forum mad man and he's not taking it lying down.

He also objected to us playing Dynamo Kyiv to raise money for Ukrainian refugees because of neo-nazis, or something. He's grasping to stay relevant as GoTs resident polemicist. Jimmy (@ForeverBlue92) has usurped him as forum mad man and he's not taking it lying down.

lol I`ve missed the one about playing a charity match, to raise money for neo - nazi refugees.

This truly is next level stuff.