New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Brow would be a great name for that stand.

I wonder what the club’s approach to naming the stands will be. Given that we’re almost certainly getting a stadium sponsor, I’d like the stands at least to have non-commercial names.

Maybe the recently-revised names of the Gwlayds Street and Park End point the way? Named after club legends, perhaps.

B2E5428E-587F-450C-B10B-5B52B40A35CA.jpeg

…..worth noting that Molly Bushell’s original Toffee Shop was alongside The Brow.

We have some proper history in this city, we don’t have to look to a hill in South Africa for our home end or a 1960s pop song on our badge.

Last edited:

View attachment 171504

…..worth noting that Molly Bushell’s original Toffee Shop was alongside The Brow.

We have some proper history in this city, we don’t have to look to a hill in South Africa for our home end or a 1960s pop song on our badge.

Only found out about 10 years ago that the first terracing to be called the Kop was at Arsenal's first stadium before they moved to Highbury. Was it in Plumstead? I know they were Woolwich Arsenal, obviously. In any case, even that crowd naming their big terrace the Kop wasn't original. What a shower.

Only found out about 10 years ago that the first terracing to be called the Kop was at Arsenal's first stadium before they moved to Highbury. Was it in Plumstead? I know they were Woolwich Arsenal, obviously. In any case, even that crowd naming their big terrace the Kop wasn't original. What a shower.
Yeah arsenal used to play on plumstead common

Another bitter one, nice to have you join the club mate.

The scale of the whole thing is massive to people not in construction.

The reality is the hard work is done. (filling in a big hole full of water and piling down into that.)

It's now more of a coordination/assembly job. It's still very impressive and any unexpected delay from just one supplier can mess the whole timeline up.

Its flying up at the minute, but please be prepared for the part when it seems like it takes forever. Once the building is water tight, the real work starts. It gets there quickly, but the services can take an age to complete, or at least seem like it as there is very little further progress made that is visible from off site.

Last edited:
I believe there are other Kops around as well, not sure where so could be wrong on that and CBA googling it