Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
….shuffling the coaches might not suffice if the real problem is lack of talent coming into the club. Recruitment could be the issue and i accept there isn’t the quality reservoir there once was.

I’d like to see us get a genuine foothold in the S American & African youth markets, I’d see that as a really positive initiative.
Best way with our current financial woes.
Glad you didn’t say that in the Bramley Moore thread though….

….shuffling the coaches might not suffice if the real problem is lack of talent coming into the club. Recruitment could be the issue and i accept there isn’t the quality reservoir there once was.

I’d like to see us get a genuine foothold in the S American & African youth markets, I’d see that as a really positive initiative.

Of course.

As you probably kniow, I'm not the biggest critic of David Unsworth, but it looks like Thelwell is splitting roles, habing clear liens of accountability and modernising the academy, away from a structure where the Under 23's manager did everything.

It looks like we are going to be getting the head of recruitment for Wigan, who had done an excellent job there in punching above his weight. The Academy directory from Wolves is here too, another who probably punched above his weight. There does at least appear to be some thought going into it.

I also happen to think the north American market could be a strong area for us. I think the USA will start producing more players.

All of our hopes and dreams fall with this ‘man’.
1150EED6-8728-4EC7-B492-9CB07FB22226.jpeg

Of course.

As you probably kniow, I'm not the biggest critic of David Unsworth, but it looks like Thelwell is splitting roles, habing clear liens of accountability and modernising the academy, away from a structure where the Under 23's manager did everything.

It looks like we are going to be getting the head of recruitment for Wigan, who had done an excellent job there in punching above his weight. The Academy directory from Wolves is here too, another who probably punched above his weight. There does at least appear to be some thought going into it.

I also happen to think the north American market could be a strong area for us. I think the USA will start producing more players.

…absolutely.

Head of Recruitment appointment suggests to me that Thelwell will be a Line Manager and Co-ordinator, rather than a talent spotter. The transfer record of the HoR might what we need to consider, perhaps he should be the one with the office next door to Lampard.

i don’t mind the set-up at all, at least we appear to be moving away from different individuals bringing in their own players. I can see Lampard and Thelwell working closely with HoR, with the DoF having the final say.

Who is the bloke at Wigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.