Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

I did yes.

But either way, praising him for doing nothing is weird.

Makes zero sense to sell or buy before the start of the next financial mate, we've obviously got the nod about being within the limit just about, so anything done now would just go into a financial black hole, after 1st if July it all kicks into the next seasons calculation.

Makes zero sense to sell or buy before the start of the next financial mate, we've obviously got the nod about being within the limit just about, so anything done now would just go into a financial black hole, after 1st if July it all kicks into the next seasons calculation.
And thats fine mate.

Other than a few little Kopite kev shouts, I do realise why we arent doing anything, I understand.

I just think praising him for doing nothing is strange, thats all.

I dont think the July 1st date matters, from what I can find the accounts normally cover the period from 1st August to 31st July.

Last edited:
And if his academy changes bear fruit, I will praise him for it.

Till then, hes done nothing worthy of praise.
Only another 3 to 5 years then before we can prooerly asses the impact of the changes made at academy level.

Better structure, better (more aligned) coaching, better academy recruitment/scouting all take time to measure.

Our academy output for the past 15 or so years has been nothing short of disgraceful. Hardly any revenue generated and only the occasional player breaking through.

The only thing that showed any growth was Unsworths bank balance and bulk.

He is restructuring the academy though mate.

The club cant really spend any money.

….shuffling the coaches might not suffice if the real problem is lack of talent coming into the club. Recruitment could be the issue and i accept there isn’t the quality reservoir there once was.

I’d like to see us get a genuine foothold in the S American & African youth markets, I’d see that as a really positive initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.