New Everton Stadium Discussion

Steep enough for everyone?

View attachment 171078
What I like about that picture is how the rake looks like it gets steeper as it goes on, to the point where it'd be vertical by the time it hits pitch side.

I know that's either an affect of the lens, or simply because it's unfinished and what we see isn't a true representation of the rake...

... but how brilliant is it to see the shape of the actual stand coming into view?

I actually don’t disagree with @davek - the location makes it iconic, not the stadium.

Although it’s a nice stadium and I’m sure it’ll be boss, you can put Nou Camp, or Allianz Arena, or San Siro anywhere in the world and they would be iconic.

If you put our stadium somewhere else, it wouldn’t be iconic.
You're comparing Everton with Barcelona, Bayern and Milan.........christ.

What I like about that picture is how the rake looks like it gets steeper as it goes on, to the point where it'd be vertical by the time it hits pitch side.

I know that's either an affect of the lens, or simply because it's unfinished and what we see isn't a true representation of the rake...

... but how brilliant is it to see the shape of the actual stand coming into view?

The San Siro is an absolute hole, like.

The San Siro is an absolute hole, like.
The most vertiginous I've felt in a stadium was the old Yankee Stadium, in the top tier behind the home plate.

o1l2BM.jpeg

It felt like you could leap onto the pitch field, and I remember seeing a maniac go for a catch and falling about 50 feet down the steps.

The most vertiginous I've felt in a stadium was the old Yankee Stadium, in the top tier behind the home plate.

View attachment 171147

It felt like you could leap onto the pitch field, and I remember seeing a maniac go for a catch and falling about 50 feet down the steps.

Wow, what a seat!

The places I've been that really impressed me (apart from Goodison, which I love like a mad aunt) for various reasons were the Johan Cruyff in Amsterdam (which for me is the absolute gold standard and a similar size to BMD), Dortmund and, even though it's crap inside, the Luigi Ferraris in Genoa for a Lanterna derby. The triple tier stands feel like they're right on top of the action. It looks boss outside too.

View attachment 171147

You could get from 1st to home plate off a wild pitch with how far back that wall is!!

Wow, what a seat!

The places I've been that really impressed me (apart from Goodison, which I love like a mad aunt) for various reasons were the Johan Cruyff in Amsterdam (which for me is the absolute gold standard and a similar size to BMD), Dortmund and, even though it's crap inside, the Luigi Ferraris in Genoa for a Lanterna derby. The triple tier stands feel like they're right on top of the action. It looks boss outside too.
(That wasn't my picture, but it was somewhere round there that I sat - amazing view, and the ticket was a walk-up, $9 as I recall).

Dortmund is the one for me, the Yellow Wall is totally the template for what a home end should be:

6151.jpg

Incidentally, I don't see anyone complaining about the big window at the back of this stand - unlike the stadium atmosphere experts in this thread:

C9OgGF9XUAMzpp-.jpg-large.jpeg