New Everton Stadium Discussion

There is no way that latticework pattern in the brick gets built....

Prove me wrong
I reckon they have very good intentions to but no one can prove you wrong until they start laying the bricks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-153656_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-153656_Twitter.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 173

So, on consecutive days Dave's concerns have been: windmills (cough, Don Quixote, cough), neo-nazis, the dock wall. What will tomorrow's complaint be? I for one can't wait.
The sun will hit the glass in such a way as to create a magnifying effect which will result in many being permanently blinded in the first few rows of the North Stand

I wouldn't say it's generic for a football stadium, but I would say it's a strange and unappetising mix of the old and new. Basically the club and Meis tried too hard to pacify UNESCO and Historic England and they've come up with a not very pleasing on the eye hybrid of nineteenth century warehousiong and futuristic vision, and the materials dont blend. I doubt given what happened since that Meis wouldn't hand that design in again.

In a nutshell that's it for me.

As I said: I had no faith (even until recently with our PL status on the line) that this would ever be completed, but now it is I'm looking more closely at the environment and the design together. The location...as I've always argued...is something that cant be bought. It is a gift that can you cant really spoil...and even this design wont spoil the overall impact of the stadium. But we could have done a lot better for £500M.

So basically you were moaning that it wouldn’t get built. Now that’s been disproven you’re moaning at the design (which has been there for about 3 years and you could have moaned about that all this time as well - you missed a trick there).
If it looks ok when it’s built and regenerates the whole area (not that you go the match to view it yourself), what will you moan at next? Have a good long think about it and start that moaning process now as I’m sure we’re all dying to get a heads up on that one.

You’re fkin mad you know.

So basically you were moaning that it wouldn’t get built. Now that’s been disproven you’re moaning at the design (which has been there for about 3 years and you could have moaned about that all this time as well - you missed a trick there).
If it looks ok when it’s built and regenerates the whole area (not that you go the match to view it yourself), what will you moan at next? Have a good long think about it and start that moaning process now as I’m sure we’re all dying to get a heads up on that one.

You’re fkin mad you know.

As a box of frogs mate.

Pretty sure most will disagree with you....

You have rubbished this project at every single stage. Every.single.stage. whined and moaned constantly.
When they first suggested it I thought it was a nice touch.

On seeing the mock-ups I think it's a nod to the past that doesn't really work.

I'm not dead against it, I just hope it doesn't look really ratty in 10 years.

As a box of frogs mate.

I’m refusing to believe it’s a real person. I think GOT has invested in a bot to keep the traffic and responses flowing. Pretty simple idea tbh. Like a computer version of Adrian Durham.

An Internet bot, web robot, robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet, usually with the intent to emulate human activity on the Internet, such as messaging, on a large scale.[1] An Internet bot plays the client role in a client–server model whereas the server role is usually played by web servers. Internet bots are able to perform tasks, that are simple and repetitive, much faster than a person could ever do. The most extensive use of bots is for web crawling, in which an automated script fetches, analyzes and files information from web servers. More than half of all web traffic is generated by bots.