Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but who do you think we are really going for this summer? Weve blown all the cash, its only a good move because its the type of cheap deal we need right now.
Either way its bad fans are dismissing him allready, its almost like we have learnt nothing doing this all the time
But it wont be a cheap deal especially if it's £20million signing and 3-4 year contract, that excluding other fee's. Even if it's a loan with an option to buy, i'm still not excited. He'll be on more than the £50,000 a week he's getting at spurs, such a waste for frankly a 5 or 6/10 player

I am inclined to side with the pessimists on this one. Another Spurs reject like Ali. Eriksen is the standard we should aim for unless finance rules out his class of player, in which case we are in for another by rough ride.

I am inclined to side with the pessimists on this one. Another Spurs reject like Ali. Eriksen is the standard we should aim for unless finance rules out his class of player, in which case we are in for another by rough ride.

Apparently wants to stay in London.

Also...where were the club's trying to get him when he was bench warming at Inter??

But it wont be a cheap deal especially if it's £20million signing and 3-4 year contract, that excluding other fee's. Even if it's a loan with an option to buy, i'm still not excited. He'll be on more than the £50,000 a week he's getting at spurs, such a waste for frankly a 5 or 6/10 player

I'd take a consistent 6-7/10 player who stays fit and is reliable than the squad we have

Really looking forward to Winks coming, its a good move from us, needless to say a lot of fans will be on his back from day one, like Iwobi and will go out the way to shatter him having learnt nothing from last season and the differance a positive crowd can have over a negative one.
Its good work from Frank and he walks into our side easily
You forgot to mention the FSW in some way in this

I never got the impression Alli was FLs choice and this one sounds like it might be part of a done deal with Richarlison that's been done over his head.

Screenshot_20220623-100855.png

Yeah. Defo didn't want him.

We do need a disciplined midfielder who can sit and look after the ball, just not this one

That's because you're familiar with him. If it was some random from Portugal you'd be more excited after seeing a YouTube compilation.

Then he ends up spending 4 months "adjusting"

He's a very good premiership player from a team who have upgraded and are a million miles ahead of us.

I don't think he is a bad player per se he's a functional footballer, I just don't see how he pushes us on, it's more of the same, top side sub cast off. He can pass but is that enough, he will and we will still need an anchor.

I still don't think a little video for social media means much. Lampard was appointed on deadline day so I really doubt he had much input in transfers.

Who did then because Benitez basically had control of all the transfers.

People are just making up wild conspiracies as usual to justify some narrative. Pretty sure Lampard said Alli was top of his list and there was a chance to get him...DVB was already looking at a loan here in the summer so all in all, was an easy window for 2 targets he wanted.

I don't think he is a bad player per se he's a functional footballer, I just don't see how he pushes us on, it's more of the same, top side sub cast off. He can pass but is that enough, he will and we will still need an anchor.

Hopefully by bringing some balance. That pushes us on from relegation candidates to midtable.

Hopefully by bringing some balance. That pushes us on from relegation candidates to midtable.
Is he that guy though, is he really a difference maker? I'm a bit 50/50 on it, in one breath i think it's a very meh signing and in the next, he's also slightly better than our horrendous midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.