New Everton Stadium Discussion

The website is blacklisted on here, I would presume due to them being a terrible source.
Oh, I see. Well that makes sense. But it only relates to poor transfer information and other playing side stuff etc.

The paper carried 3 quotes from three separate people. Named in two instances. So I hardly think it's a 'made up' article I referred to.

Don’t understand the fuss personally.

Name may have stood for terrible things.

Soon it will stand for Everton’s home. Its just a place name. Could easily been seen as a positive way of rebranding the name to stand for something good and not bad.

Won’t matter anyway as it will soon become Dicks Sporting Goods Dock.

Me too. The new stadium's going to be great but it'll be a long time until it has the "feel" that Goodison has, if that makes any sense?

It's a reason that some kind of replica of the Archibald Leitch criss-cross separating the tiers. If not digital like the digital advertising in modern stadiums now,
at least a plastic board. Surely an inexpensive job. Rather like the hideous crest on the main stand circa 2013/14. The criss-cross will identify to us and others who plays there.
Goodison.jpg

It's a reason that some kind of replica of the Archibald Leitch criss-cross separating the tiers. If not digital like the digital advertising in modern stadiums now,
at least a plastic board. Surely an inexpensive job. Rather like the hideous crest on the main stand circa 2013/14. The criss-cross will identify to us and others who plays there.
View attachment 170781
Still can't believe they agreed to pay the graphic designer who came up with this crap, and not only that, they actually decided to use it.

Don’t understand the fuss personally.

Name may have stood for terrible things.

Soon it will stand for Everton’s home. Its just a place name. Could easily been seen as a positive way of rebranding the name to stand for something good and not bad.

Won’t matter anyway as it will soon become Dicks Sporting Goods Dock.

I feel the same, it could be so much worse. It could be called the Kenwright dock for starters and just think how many millions of people he has caused pain and suffering to through supporting Everton or watching one of his shows. :hayee:

Nowhere in the British colonies was slavery continued after 1833. That didn't stop British businessmen trading with other nation's slave economies though.
In many ways nothing has changed. British business men dealing in dubious and downright awful business off shore. It still happens today and it’s tacitly condoned though the offshore finance structure Britain has established to hide wealth and allow plausible deniability.

View attachment 170781

This made me think of what horrors they will find when their clearing out the attic in Goodison.

1655765531457.jpeg

Surely the fact that the source is blacklisted should tell you everything, Dave.

I still have no idea who it was.

You said, Everton are distancing themselves from the name Bramley-Moore.

I then post a tweet, from 3 days ago, with Everton using the name Bramley-Moore.

I would say over to you, but theres no point, cos this is over.
He made an "edgy" post, it failed but rather than just move on, he digs his heels in and makes a complete fool of himself. Again.

Is there a thread where he hasn't shown himself to be a complete t1t ??