Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's people's thoughts on any money signings whilst this takeover talk rumbles on?
I personally will be very surprised if we pay money for someone

It wasnt £2.5mil though...that was the initial payment.

Suppose the good thing is thst Spurs arent serious about Richarlison then ;)
Yeah 2.5 going up to 15 when they wanted 30. I like that the club have went for a player like him is just the talk of the ffp has got me worried when we still need key positions filled

Gallagher and Gilmour like Richarlison are all under the age of 28 but the difference is that the two Chelsea players didn’t sign their current contracts over 3 years ago meaning that in contractural terms they remain inside the protected period Richarlison signed his latest contract over 3 years ago so he is outside the protected period.

I know some are not convinced about “ a pathway “ but it’s a term that is often used and in Chelsea’s case be it for whatever reason or cause we are seeing significant number of players who are there or there about. Tuchal integrated Chalobah this season has given debuts in cup competitions to Vale, Simmons and Hall this season all 3 under the age of 19.

RLC isn’t on , in PL terms, massive money the suggestion is that either on loan or on a permanent deal he is likely to go to Italy. Barkley, in the last year of his deal will probably be open to a longer deal elsewhere if the deal is sweetened by Chelsea he really doesn’t stand a lot of chance in being close to a starting 11

As for Gallagher we will have to wait and see Tunchal has made it clear that Gallagher wouldn’t be a bit player.
meaning that in contractural terms they remain inside the protected period

What is this "protected period" which you speak of?

Richarlison also didnt sign "over 3 years ago"...

Gilmour's deal has been triggered by Chelsea's automatic option. Theres been no extension signed...its merely activating a previously agreed option.

Generally this is done by clubs to hold onto the player for one further year before selling or to increase their market value foe an immediate sale.

Yeah 2.5 going up to 15 when they wanted 30. I like that the club have went for a player like him is just the talk of the ffp has got me worried when we still need key positions filled

Well we dont know what they'd accept.

£2.5mil up front is only £500k short of a typical £15mil offer + what it should look like for FFP / P&S.

Hull should come back and say they want X amount and then we go back with a closer offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.