New Everton Stadium Discussion

I hope the stadium build is not derailed due to the ownership uncertainty.

Interesting that reports about the potential sale of the the club are saying that funding for the stadium has still not been secured.

It’s obvious that Moshiri is nothing without his pal Usmanov.

Interesting that reports about the potential sale of the the club are saying that funding for the stadium has still not been secured.

With you there Mate, we are going to be a very uncertain period. Cannot see these Yanks paying 1/2 a billion for the club the paying another 1/2 for BMD.

I was in the Al Rayyan stadium for the Aust v Peru playoff tonight. 45,000 capacity. Very impressive. The game was rubbish so I spent most of the time trying to take in how much bigger BMD might be. I’d say it will be similar in scale.

The gap from end line to stand will be about half this distance…

In some countries they prefer the front rows to be slightly elevated. It slightly improves pitch security plus ensures that no-one has a worm eye view or having to look around officials etc. If those stands were continued down to ground level, it would roughly half the perimeter width and add approx 4000+ to the capacity. I agree it probably wouldn't be too dissimilar in scale to BMD.

Maybe the ownership uncertainly is due to the stadium biuld. The first cache of funding was provided by Moshiri.... the second must be due very soon. In the meantime USM has had the rug pulled and we still haven't heard anything about securing finances other than the recent open letter which wasn't at all specific.

In some countries they prefer the front rows to be slightly elevated. It slightly improves pitch security plus ensures that no-one has a worm eye view or having to look around officials etc. If those stands were continued down to ground level, it would roughly half the perimeter width and add approx 4000+ to the capacity. I agree it probably wouldn't be too dissimilar in scale to BMD.
It was very impressive, if a bit generic. Not a bad view in the house. I think the roof of BMD will be higher. BMD will have more character too with the single tier home and the smaller north stand with the glazed elevation above.

Maybe the ownership uncertainly is due to the stadium biuld. The first cache of funding was provided by Moshiri.... the second must be due very soon. In the meantime USM has had the rug pulled and we still haven't heard anything about securing finances other than the recent open letter which wasn't at all specific.
Given the level of activity at the moment and the resources the main contractor has on site, one would assume they have assurances that medium term funding is in place to keep the project rolling indefinitely? Perhaps there is some form of short term credit facility in place as a back up to the (reported to be) £100M Moshiri funded for the enablement work. Given the level of progress, one would think much if not all of that outlay has been expended at this point.

There’s trucks shifting precast concrete from the other side of the country on a daily basis which is a costly exercise of itself never mind the several hundred folk on site, 3-4 mega cranes etc.

With you there Mate, we are going to be a very uncertain period. Cannot see these Yanks paying 1/2 a billion for the club the paying another 1/2 for BMD.
They wont need to- the amount remaining on the stadium is 350M-ish, and the investors will find a way of funding it, whether via debt or bonds etc... but the build is a given. Thats the main reason that these vultures are all over this... the value of the club will rise a lot on the completion of the stadium and they can flip it for a profit in a few years.

Given the level of activity at the moment and the resources the main contractor has on site, one would assume they have assurances that medium term funding is in place to keep the project rolling indefinitely? Perhaps there is some form of short term credit facility in place as a back up to the (reported to be) £100M Moshiri funded for the enablement work. Given the level of progress, one would think much if not all of that outlay has been expended at this point.

There’s trucks shifting precast concrete from the other side of the country on a daily basis which is a costly exercise of itself never mind the several hundred folk on site, 3-4 mega cranes etc.
It was reported this morning that Moshiri has committed to funding it (above that 100M) until finance is in place.