Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Zat we aren't signing a player as a starter who plays pretty much the same position as Richy without Richy being offski.

Especially as the lads other position is one a. We are unlikely to play and b. We already have Deli who plays there if we did.

If we sign the likes of KLP then it's as a replacement for Richy, maybe not direct positionally, bit in the 'forward' lineup it essentially is.

As a side note, I wonder if we do decide to bring in potential rather than the usual route we've done, if Dele is gonna be tasked with being one if the senior figures to see if giving him actual responsibility to others maybe focuses him.

Think it's far from a bad idea actually.

Strangely it's sort of a selling point for the player too.

If hes switched on, he will want to know he can play. Our sales pitch is that weve taken a lad from Watford at a similar age and just sold him on to a CL team. Theres now a gap and we need a filled.

As Bobble said we'd already made a formal bid then i dont see it as being contingent on Richarlison leaving.

I think he's clearly a key target and seemingly 2nd to Tarkowski on the priority list.

The fact is that Dele was signed for a reason. Whether thats to play at 10, midfield, left/right wing, support striker or whatever.

I think we need to increase competition.

Lets say (as looks almost certain) Richarlison does leave. For quality we've got.

LW: Gordon
ACM: Dele
CF: DCL
RW:

Theres no competition with Gray (too selfish), Simms (unknown), Townsend (badly injured), Dobbin (developing).

We'd need 6 players competing for those 4 positions....KLP can play 3 of those positions and Brennan Johnson RW and CF roles.

Lets not forget as well that players arent stuck in positions. Lampard could switch them during games or they could alternate between themselves.

On the experienced point...if we can get Eriksen...

Pickford -- Tarkowski -- Eriksen -- Dele

Theres a lot of experience there which should allow for the players around them to be younger.

Strangely it's sort of a selling point for the player too.

If hes switched on, he will want to know he can play. Our sales pitch is that weve taken a lad from Watford at a similar age and just sold him on to a CL team. Theres now a gap and we need a filled.

Think way too many people underestimate Everton mate, yeah we've been a mess and off for years now.

But going into last season, we had the first choice striker behind Kane for England, the starting number 9 for Brazil, the England first choice keeper.

If a player for us has a good (even semi decent) season he is invariably called up for his national team pretty quickly (Godfrey, Kean, (Holgate not sure about) Gordon will next season too) Gray was being already talked about after ten games being back in the mix for England if he continued his form.

For any young player at all but (at tops - 10 teams in Britain) Everton is a huge opportunity and for the rest if you're a younger player on the fringe it's also a great opportunity as well. (Our issue is we've consistently chosen the wrong type of character when recruiting)

We needed more Lukakus and Barry's and less Williams and Schneiderlens. In terms of attitude

….not a bad shout but if Dobbin is the real deal he won’t be going on loan.

You religiously say this mate but I just don't agree.
Sure, the truly top talents will stay here (Rooney) but we have a history of sending highly regarded talents out, Barkley, Gordon etc.
I think Gordon's crappy loan at Preston was the making of him and he said as much himself, it drove him to work harder and force his way into our team.

…I think he has only got a year left on his contract. If so, that seems high to me. I agree with it being stacked with add-ons but I would have a ceiling of £17m.

Apart from tge experienced out of contract players like Tarkowski and Eriksen...every deal we do should be for this type of profile.

If we get £125mil together this window for transfer fees from sales then we need value.

You mention £17mil. Id say if were going to spend e.g £25mil it has to be in the belief that he will become a £50mil player.

Then the £125mil were possibly spending is with a view to the players values increasing to £250mil overall.

Keep doing that and we should see the opposite results of the past 6 years.

As Bobble said we'd already made a formal bid then i dont see it as being contingent on Richarlison leaving.

I think he's clearly a key target and seemingly 2nd to Tarkowski on the priority list.

The fact is that Dele was signed for a reason. Whether thats to play at 10, midfield, left/right wing, support striker or whatever.

I think we need to increase competition.

Lets say (as looks almost certain) Richarlison does leave. For quality we've got.

LW: Gordon
ACM: Dele
CF: DCL
RW:

Theres no competition with Gray (too selfish), Simms (unknown), Townsend (badly injured), Dobbin (developing).

We'd need 6 players competing for those 4 positions....KLP can play 3 of those positions and Brennan Johnson RW and CF roles.

Lets not forget as well that players arent stuck in positions. Lampard could switch them during games or they could alternate between themselves.

On the experienced point...if we can get Eriksen...

Pickford -- Tarkowski -- Eriksen -- Dele

Theres a lot of experience there which should allow for the players around them to be younger.

It depends though as it can be contingent on him leaving so trying to buy in advance as we know Richy is off for sure. Actually how you should do it before the price gets bumped after you sell.

If It emerges that this link is genuine, it would remove any doubt that the “Bobble” is sourced up to the eyeballs. He’s literally the only one that has gone with this, not your Ornstein’s or Matt Law’s or Fabrizio’s.

It depends though as it can be contingent on him leaving so trying to buy in advance as we know Richy is off for sure. Actually how you should do it before the price gets bumped after you sell.

If we do sell him and add KLP then if we could add in Johnson we'd have the whole 4 attacking positions sorted.

Interesting to see what happens but i think we'll be in for him again end of this week.

If we do sell him and add KLP then if we could add in Johnson we'd have the whole 4 attacking positions sorted.

Interesting to see what happens but i think we'll be in for him again end of this week.
If we lost Richy got KLP in mate we wouldn't be bringing in anymore wingers/10s - I think we would maybe go for another CF (Broja).

An attacking lineup containing Gordon, KLP, Dele, DCL, Broja with Simms and possibly Dobbin as well is enough depth. Especially so if Iwobi and Gray remain here.

Think every penny we have on top of that gets lashed at the CM

Status
Not open for further replies.