2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so turns out Tottenham valued him at 65-70 million plus 10 million add-ons. Not that we should ever take Moura, but shocking to see the people who believed random twitter accounts were wrong.

Does that mean.

A: £50mil cash + £10mil add ons + Moura

B: Was Moura's value included in the £50mil?

The player Id take from Spurs with cash included would be Dane Scarlett.

£65mil + Scarlett and weve got a deal.

Shouldnt take their cast offs.

Go for their highly rated kids who would ordinarily not be for sale.

Dane Scarlett.

You want us to swap one of our best players for an 18 year old with just 4 first team appearances?

Not quite what I wrote is it...

Try £65mil + Dane Scarlett.

Regardless, we need to sell them at some point. As a club, we are bleeding money, we have lost our Russian income, the only way to get good money in now is selling our best assets.
We only just stayed up WITH our best players.

Take them away and we are finishing rock bottom.

He has 2 years left on his contract not 6 months. We hold all the cards. Plenty of players still go for ridiculous money with 12 months left.

He will leave but at a price we want. Very much doubt it’s to Spurs

What’s his alternative - down tools, lose his rapport with the fans and miss the World Cup
Exactly.

Transfer fees have gone through the roof since we paid £50million for him and he has become an established Brazil international.

Frankly he almost single-handedly kept us up.

Selling him for £52million and to PL rivals would be absurd. We’re living in times when Grealish is worth £100million!
They've really not. The summer we bought him he was the 17th most expensive player. Last summer the same fee was in the top 10.

Big Red are paying 80m for the South American Sean Dundee.
Yes, along with Haaland and the French lad going to Madrid with the impossible name we're up to three greater than the fee we paid back in 2018.

Side note somehow Chiesa is only joining Juve permanently this summer. That's a wild one.

Anyway fees haven't gone "through the roof" at all. 35m is still a high fee, 50m is still one that is going to be among the 10 or so most expensive players to move this summer and 70m is still a number reserved for elite players or those with elite potential neither of which describes Richarlison.

Yes, along with Haaland and the French lad going to Madrid with the impossible name we're up to three greater than the fee we paid back in 2018.

Side note somehow Chiesa is only joining Juve permanently this summer. That's a wild one.

Anyway fees haven't gone "through the roof" at all. 35m is still a high fee, 50m is still one that is going to be among the 10 or so most expensive players to move this summer and 70m is still a number reserved for elite players or those with elite potential neither of which describes Richarlison.
No, I believe covid reset them a little.

I would say fees have been pretty stable, theres bargains out there and equally, hence me mentioning the big red fella, theres hugely inflated fees.

Honestly havent seen the fella kick a ball, but 80million for 1 season in the Portugese league defo isnt a bargain, I suppose it depends on how many he slots.

I think ive been Levyed, I had high hopes of the big boys coming in and just lashing money at us, I really did, but Levy is gonna slow roll this like the utter madman he is. Still dont know the logic in it tho, considering what they already have.

When the story broke I said not a chance he goes to Spurs. Not a dig at Spurs, I just can't see a scenario where Levy stumps up what he's worth to us.

I am however pleased the 'Richarlison on the move' stories have already broken. It will wake a few others up and they'll enter the race.

Spurs? Can't see them spending what's needed.
UTD? Doubtful.
Real Madrid? Maybe.
PSG? Maybe, but doubt it.
Athletico? Maybe, he's absolutely perfect for them.
Chelsea? Provided they can shift Lukaku, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm resigned to the fact he's gone. The hero we needed in desperate times.

Thanks, Richie.

Reactions: JLW
No, I believe covid reset them a little.

I would say fees have been pretty stable, theres bargains out there and equally, hence me mentioning the big red fella, theres hugely inflated fees.

Honestly havent seen the fella kick a ball, but 80million for 1 season in the Portugese league defo isnt a bargain, I suppose it depends on how many he slots.

I think ive been Levyed, I had high hopes of the big boys coming in and just lashing money at us, I really did, but Levy is gonna slow roll this like the utter madman he is. Still dont know the logic in it tho, considering what they already have.
No not a bargain, but when you're 22 and score 26 in 28 in the sixth best league that's going to mean something to someone with money.

I wouldn't give up yet but I've said for awhile I just don't see it. I mean we had people thinking essentially the loser in the Mbappe sweepstakes was coming to us with 75m for a guy who didn't outscore Jarrod Bowen or even that Dennis lad from Watford.

Spurs giving us 50m to maybe 60m is a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.