Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand that. But this isn't another one of those scenarios. Richarlison is a real talent with real value that cant be ripped off Everton for what a buyer deems is acceptable to them.

This isn't a Gueye situation. Bothe the player and the context have changed. To believe we have no bargaining power here is well wide of the mark.

It might well be a lot of add ons, but we'll get up there past £80M for Richarlison with them, I'm sure...and it will be realistic for us to get those add ons too because the team he'll go to will be successful.
I sincerely hope you’re right mate, I just truly can’t see it.

Richarlison, in all likelihood, wants to leave. Advantage suitor(s).

We are very publicly in the mire financially and need at least one big sale if we are to do any business to improve a horrible squad. Advantage suitor(s).

Other than us just screaming “BUT HE PLAYS FOR BRAZIL” into the void, I’m really not sure what you think our bargaining tools are?

I hope he deviates from the everton is a big club spiel when they do the signing interview and is like "Everton is meh but I couldn't pass the opportunity to work with the living legend Michael Keane"
Prefer he just said we'd given him the biggest wage and moved on. That's all it is

Define “big club” mate.

If you want to use the term as some chest-thumping means of aggrandisement to make yourself feel better then crack on, but the truth is we’re probably an established bottom half PL club now who hasn’t won a pot in almost 30 years.

In the context of the post you’re replying to - us as fans finding solace in other teams’ interest in our better players because it means we’ve recruited well - we’re absolutely not a big club and haven’t been since the inception of the PL. We’ve always been light years behind the big boys financially and even when we did get a few bob we just lashed it around like the end of the Crystal Maze.

??
Mate im nicking that.

It is old. Only Thiago Silva and Craig Cathcart played over 2000 minutes at that age last season. Players like Evans are still decent but they're also not fit as often because they're worn down.

do you EVER agree with anyone ? It's not old for a centre half who doesn't rely on pace, first two yards are in his head, experience, there I've spelt it out for you.

What would he be worth on the open Market? £16 - £18million I’d guess? I think it’s decent business. And to be really controversial (and as much as I like him) if we could get decent wedge for Pickford I’d sell him and by Pope. Having a central defender AND keeper who can actually come and deal with crosses would transform our defence and confidence of the players. Sorry Pickers?

do you EVER agree with anyone ? It's not old for a centre half who doesn't rely on pace, first two yards are in his head, experience, there I've spelt it out for you.
First two yards aren't in his head if he's sitting on the bench with a muscle strain mate. Part of it is players get bad as they age, part is they just don't play anymore because they start getting hurt more.

Why is 2000 minutes an important figure ?
It's just a round number that shows a player who is used semi-regularly. You can pick a different number if you wish. I just use it because it is easy and round.

It is old. Only Thiago Silva and Craig Cathcart played over 2000 minutes at that age last season. Players like Evans are still decent but they're also not fit as often because they're worn down.
Distin was solid throughout his career at Everton and didn't sign until his early 30's. He still had pace and was largely injury free. You can't always make blanket assessments

So cynical who hurt you?
No one. I can't speak for every athlete but a vast majority, especially those that are truly free to sign where they want, are taking the largest sum. Maybe if they have a couple of close offers and they think about what makes the most sense then. But if we offered 90k a week and the next best offer was 75k he's going to play for Everton.

Distin was solid throughout his career at Everton and didn't sign until his early 30's. He still had pace and was largely injury free. You can't always make blanket assessments
I'm aware of how outliers work. You shouldn't make signings hoping for an outlier.

What would he be worth on the open Market? £16 - £18million I’d guess? I think it’s decent business. And to be really controversial (and as much as I like him) if we could get decent wedge for Pickford I’d sell him and by Pope. Having a central defender AND keeper who can actually come and deal with crosses would transform our defence and confidence of the players. Sorry Pickers?

didnt do Burnley much good!
and what would be the point in swapping pickford in goals for pope, their fees wouldnt be a lot different so not like we'd make much money on the deals.

I reckon Burnley would probably have been looking for around 20m had they stayed up and his contract wasn't up.

I'm aware of how outliers work. You shouldn't make signings hoping for an outlier.
It's not hoping for a outlier its focusing on the individual beyond generalities. Look at their particular traits injury history and other factors. people age different look at sandro he was 22 but looked like a 40 year old man

Status
Not open for further replies.