Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish he can’t pass the ball mate, he struggles to pass in 5yrs to a team mate. we have 35% possession even against teams Around us our midfield is the poorest it’s been in years and he’s part of it.

The start of last season, he started well with Allan in terms of working hard. But richarlison stated well James was very good, DCL stated like a house on fire. But a few injuries and we fell apart the 2nd half of the season.

He’s technically one of the worst midfielders I’ve seen at the club in years. Frank wants a lot more possession it won’t happen with doucoure in the team. Even alongside the best holding midfielder in the world. Not sure how that would make him pass the ball better

He's the best CM we have at the club currently mate.

We have a tendency as fans to always slate our better players

Lukaku wasnt a great striker because he didnt always score in the big games

Stones was over rated because he didnt want to just hoof the ball up the field

Gana was poor because he wasn't a great passer of the ball

Doucoure is the worst CM of all time because he cant pass the ball like Xavi.

They'll miss him when he's gone.

This whole tapping up from past employers has to stop. We're a massive club, let's scout properly FFS !
I don’t necessarily agree that’s where the problem lies. Taking players from big clubs who are crap and on high wages is a problem, but helping big clubs develop clear, young talent through loans is something we haven’t really done.

If Lampard can use his contacts to get us Gallagher, Colwill, Palmer, etc then surely that’s him doing part of what he was brought in for? Part of the trade off when appointing an inexperienced manager with an illustrious playing career not far behind him is his network which is more current and relevant than the likes of Benitez’s Rolodex with Rondon’s name etched into it.

I barely watched any football outside of Everton last season because Everton destroyed any appetite I might have for watching it

As a result there aren’t any real players I’ve see that leapt out to me

All I will say is that Japan seems to be developing some good players right now if those lads at Celtic are anything to go by

We should look at setting up a scouting network out there in case we can unearth a hidden gem like that Furuhashi

Status
Not open for further replies.