Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what i'd love to see. A few signings nobody knew about. Bang, done dusted and confirmed without the usual drawn out merry go round. It would suggest that this new fella along with the manager are clued up. Then of course, that they're not crap on the pitch.
Hopeful more than confident though. We're budget shopping in reality. Doesnt necessarily mean you cant get good players. It means the recruitment and scout network has to be 100% better. We cant afford to replicate the last 5/6 years on that score. We've been the worst in the league.

GK: Pickford / Begovic
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
CB: ??? / ??? / Branthwaite
CB: Godfrey / Holgate
RB: Patterson / Coleman
DM: ??? / Davies
CM: ???/ Doucoure / Iwobi
AM: Dele / ???
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Simms
RF: ??? / Dobbin

Im assuming those are the positions where you would want 6 new signings?
CB: Tarkowksi, Colwill, Branthwaite?
Godfrey/Holgate?

Who do you fancy at DM?

If we had any kind of semi-reliable source of goals other than DCL and Richarlison, I'd be open to selling both of them just to offset FFP so we can start again. The difficulty is that we have no backup for them whatsoever, so we'd end up having to sign "Premier League-proven" goalscorers to replace them and then be back at square one anyway. We really have ballsed up the money side of things, big time.
Yes we need to keep one of the two for me, I see Richy going( he has two years left and I can't see him staying for another year), so we need to dig our heels in on Dom nobody meets our highest valuation this summer keep him. Selling him under value this summer would be a mistake for me, if he fires again next season he will be worth more again plus how do we replace him? He is contracted till 2025.

Last edited:
With City signing Haaland would it be worth a cheeky loan proposal for the South American lad they’ve signed ? Would help him settle into league . I know we don’t want to be helping other teams players etc etc but might be worth a punt ?

With City signing Haaland would it be worth a cheeky loan proposal for the South American lad they’ve signed ? Would help him settle into league . I know we don’t want to be helping other teams players etc etc but might be worth a punt ?
Or one of there youngsters, Cole palmer?

Tell you what i'd love to see. A few signings nobody knew about. Bang, done dusted and confirmed without the usual drawn out merry go round. It would suggest that this new fella along with the manager are clued up. Then of course, that they're not crap on the pitch.
Hopeful more than confident though. We're budget shopping in reality. Doesnt necessarily mean you cant get good players. It means the recruitment and scout network has to be 100% better. We cant afford to replicate the last 5/6 years on that score. We've been the worst in the league.
Who is the new fella

Too much of a generalisation, there are good players in relegated teams. That West Ham team included carrick, Defoe, James and di canio.

Mate Carrick and Defoe came through the westham youth system .

The same youth system that brought through Rio Ferdinand , joe cole , lampard etc

Obviously there can be some good players in bad teams , but it’s not common and it’s usually a youth player that’s come through as good players don’t sign for crap teams .

Consistently targeting and signing players from team that get relagated is not a strategy that any of the top team do and neither should we

It seems like a very rudimentary
aspect of football be we're in dire need of players capable of retaining the ball and completing passes both in midfield and attacking positions

CB: Tarkowksi, Colwill, Branthwaite?
Godfrey/Holgate?

Who do you fancy at DM?
DM is a tricky one, I liked Guimaraes and Kamara. Perhaps Ampadu/Gilmour or a young CM who has played a few games as a DM like the linked Chieck Doucoure.

Colwill, KLP and Johnson seem to be the type of profiles we should be looking at. Also if we make big sales then Bazunu and Gouiri to come in.

The midfield area is the tough one...especially defensive midfield.

Theyve already said hes not available for loan.

Unable to spend much doesn’t mean we have to wilfully accept signing crap. It means we take gambles on lower league talent, loans, etc.

I don’t profess to be a font of knowledge these days regarding players available but I’d wager there are many, many better options than Cornet.

Signing crap is never the answer. I don’t care if they are cheap or free .

I agree 100% that unless a player improves the first team , they should not be signed . Our first team players are not good enough and should be replaced by better player ( which shouldn’t be hard) and then become squad players themselves

DM is a tricky one, I liked Guimaraes and Kamara. Perhaps Ampadu/Gilmour or a young CM who has played a few games as a DM like the linked Chieck Doucoure.

Colwill, KLP and Johnson seem to be the type of profiles we should be looking at. Also if we make big sales then Bazunu and Gouiri to come in.

The midfield area is the tough one...especially defensive midfield.

Theyve already said hes not available for loan.

Controversial I know, but I'd take Gueye on a short term loan deal from PSG - 33 soon but on his metrics he's not slowing down - don't actually care about all the faux outrage currently surrounding him.

He'd enable us to have a stop gap on a really hard position to fill, bring in Gilmour as well to learn from him, and focus on other parts of the team this summer without the huge worry about if that vital part of the team will fit into the team.

Signing crap is never the answer. I don’t care if they are cheap or free .

I agree 100% that unless a player improves the first team , they should not be signed . Our first team players are not good enough and should be replaced by better player ( which shouldn’t be hard) and then become squad players themselves
No one wants to sign crap players, but we are definitely shopping in the cheap / free market unless Richie or DCL are sold. That makes it much trickier.

Controversial I know, but I'd take Gueye on a short term loan deal from PSG - 33 soon but on his metrics he's not slowing down - don't actually care about all the faux outrage currently surrounding him.

He'd enable us to have a stop gap on a really hard position to fill, bring in Gilmour as well to learn from him, and focus on other parts of the team this summer without the huge worry about if that vital part of the team will fit into the team.
He’s not a really a number 6 though and he’s nothing special in possession, used to give the ball away cheaply 2/3 times a game in a blue shirt. He had Gareth Barry and then Schneiderlin sitting for him.

Not sure he’s the type of player lampard wants as the holding player. Because he’s not technically sound

Status
Not open for further replies.