Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been explained elsewhere but I see that ENIC (the owners), have put 150m into Spurs for them to spend on transfers. Why can't the Most (if he wanted too), do this as well?
It doesn't matter what capital they inject, only £30m of it can be used to offset losses in any one accounting year.

This is probably more of a cash flow thing than anything else

Regardless of what ENIC inject, they can only lose £105m over a rolling three year period and only £90m of that can be offset by capital injections

Tosun, Soggy, Delph, Kenny look like they will be leaving in the summer. I don't think it would be such a bad window if we get 4 players in to replace them, all first-team ready, on lower wages. That way you improve the first team and don't have to worry too much about whether we can shift any of the other players. Could be, say, a CB, 2 CMs, a FWD. Or some other combination.

Hi Curtis. I think the problem is that outside few exceptions and people who pretend they watch the Finnish 3rd division, no one knows anything about players from other leagues so we stick to what we know. I’d happily suggest a couple MLS players but then they’d get poo pood on by people who have never seen them or know anything about them.

The bigger and actual real problem is Evertons actual scouts have a track record worse than the keyboard warriors on GOT.
I think Pulisic has helped in not poo-pooing American footballers because we all know there are some real gems, like Landon Donovan and Brian McBride for example.

Thing is, in isolation Allan and Dacoure are both very decent players, but the key to any of part of a team is how they work with the whole - especially so with their partner next to them.

Think of all the best teams, they either had a player there who was just so good he elevated all those around him (Xavi, Makalele, Keane as three examples) or they worked superbly with a partner and combined they just gelled in what each brought and to an extent covered for the others weaker parts

Think Reid and Bracewell, Petit and Viera, puyol, or numerous other examples.

When the chemistry is wrong you end up with what england had, Lampard and Gerrard both world class individually or playing alongside much poorer players but together looking awful. Now take that down to players a good few levels below and you have what we have, two pretty decent players who together look crap.

It's why the recruitment by proxy is a recipe for disaster, best exemplified by up to now us having players from 5/6 different managers, sone with massively different styles and systems, three sporting directors and an owners she t mate who throws in occasionally a player that nobody wanted there.

And then we call players crap, a large part is no balance, cohesion or collective thought about the team when bringing players in.

It's why for me we need Thelwell and Lampard working together and for a good 2 seasons minimum to finally get a team that can clear out all the mishmash, retain the ones that fit together with the plan and then piece by piece e build an actual team
Excellent post

On a free he is
71740E98-FE63-4E57-BC19-E45693B34D37.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.