Goats squad analysis thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do we plan to submit our retained list, does anyone know? noticed that the reds did theirs this morning.

You would presume there is some leeway? Say for example JJK wanted the month to think about it, technically we have till the 30th June?

You're not obliged to release those on the list or, indeed, obliged to retain them if they're not on the list. It's more a list of players you intend not to renew. The idea is that it gets circulated amongst EPL and EFL clubs to assist with their recruitment and help the players find a club.

You'd assume anybody with 6 months on their deal and an agent would have been exploring their options for months now anyway.

Always enjoy these threads. Thanks @MikelsGoat

Looking forward to seeing who our Central/Eastern European third-string keeper will be
a few seasons back we were interested in a Croatian keeper playing for Ghent but doubts arose over his propensity toward homesickness. I am wondering whether we might return to that bloke, whose name I have forgotten (although in fairness to my memory, he was just generally epitheted on here as ' the Croatian keeper from Ghent'). Personally, I feel that Everton would be unwise to contract anybody who has even the smallest taint of 'homesick-prone' about him. However, with the advances being made in virtual reality, maybe that affliction can nowadays be more easily overcome. I wish that there was that technology around when I went camping at Ngāruawāhia, back in the 70s...I might then have not had to deal with Ross Pottinger blubbering like a big girl's blouse for that whole week...

...worst camping experience of my life.

I have never been back to Ngāruawāhia.

Next season will be fascinating as will the remainder of the transfer window.

Sometimes we are overly negative about the team/squad.
Last season was a disaster but the season before ended in disappointment as well and then we barely missed out on Europe.

If we look at the squad critically there is a good deal of talent there, just a couple of areas where we were depressingly weak last season and midfield was the most glaring of all.

The absence of DCL for the majority of the season was also huge for us and we simply didn't have any back up even close to providing adequate cover.

However, I think that Pickford,Holgate,Godfrey Tarkowski, Gordon, DCL, Gray, Mykolenko are a solid base to build from.

I think that Coleman, Doucoure, Keane
Davies,Iwobi are solid squad players that certainly can come into the team and do a good job.

I think we will see a number leave such as Richarlison (unfortunately), Gomes,Allan,Mina and of course those out of contract.

Patterson, Dobbin, Simms,Welch,Mills,Price,Whitaker, Warrington are young lads who will hope to push their way into the squad.

We need at least two central midfielders and a replacement for Richarlison and I think we may look at top half of table again.

Lets try and kick-start this window.

Manager : Frank Lampard

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón

Total players: 24

Players purchased so far:

Players culled so far:

Non-HG players: 10
Home-grown players: 12
Underage players: 2

Contracts due to expire Jun 30, 2022 :

Jonjoe Kenny
Fabian Delph
Cenk Tosun
Andy Lonergan
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donny van de Beek (Loan)
Anwar El Ghazi (Loan)

Moise Kean (*Loaned to Juve till 2023,obligation to buy, with conditions)

Lets try and kick-start this window.

Manager : Frank Lampard

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón

Total players: 24

Players purchased so far:

Players culled so far:

Non-HG players: 10
Home-grown players: 12
Underage players: 2

Contracts due to expire Jun 30, 2022 :

Jonjoe Kenny
Fabian Delph
Cenk Tosun
Andy Lonergan
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donny van de Beek (Loan)
Anwar El Ghazi (Loan)

Moise Kean (*Loaned to Juve till 2023,obligation to buy, with conditions)
I'd move Wobes into midfield category at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.