Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say he is fairly on par with Mings. He is a great player and I would love him for a season and a bit. But Christ, a 5 year contract would be suicide. Seamus has been a brilliant player for Everton over the years but he is 33 and past it now. Would you like to have him on 100k a week with 2 years left on his contract?
Where have you got 5 years from?

If they can play they can play. John Stones was solid for us at 20 or whatever because he's a good footballer. Dias came to City at 23 or whatever and settled easily. Quality is quality.

Its extremely rare you have lads in their early 20s who can play well at centre half in thos league. And they cost an absolute fortune.

Buying youth for centre half would just be stupid. We need someone ready to start come August

Its extremely rare you have lads in their early 20s who can play well at centre half in thos league. And they cost an absolute fortune.

Buying youth for centre half would just be stupid.
I feel we resign ourselves to mediocre defenders then. I'd rather we didn't do that.

Played in the 10th best defense in the league.

Bar norwich also the lowest scorers in the league which could suggest their style of play is a very compact formation that protects the defenders. We went there with michael keane for the same reason. And we've found out that without the midfield camped in front he isnt that good.
Im just wary we could be making the exact same mistake again.

They aren't young either, Gordon and Mykolenko aside.

The key to restocking a squad is doing it before you need to.

Im sure we'll sign a few young players in the coming 1-2 summer windows but you need to still bring in players in their prime / experience.

Eriksen is 30 but I would 100% take him on a free as we lack creativity.

Same way I would take 29 year old Tarkowski on a free as with Mina being a perma crock we lack a leader/grock at the back who can defend balls into the box / marshall the back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.