2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes a good player but if he wasnt from Merseyside he wouldnt have played as much.
He's ok, needs to do a hell of a lot of improving if he's to make it in the Premier League. If we put him up for sale tomorrow I don't think there would be a queue of Premier League clubs waiting to poach him from us.

Thankfully age is on his side and he's been able to get lots of priceless experience this season that ought to put him in good stead for the next one.

I'll be gutted in he's seen as a first xi player next season though.

What? I’ve said countless times that he isn’t producing? You are missing the point. I’m talking about the people that are writing him off and there have been plenty
I was replying to the point you made in a standalone post? I haven't checked your posting history to see what else you've said, I'm just commenting on the idea that he's carrying the burden of scoring and assisting, and the implied notion of him being above criticism. I've seen very few people really getting on his back, but a lot of people making out like that's what's happening every time someone says his end product needs work etc. I've just gone back 3 pages and absolutely nobody has said anything that could be remotely construed as writing him off so your post was a bit of a strange one if that was the supposed context.

So grateful for his contributions this year, he really became a player. But it definitely speaks to the quality of our players that he continued to take corners and free kicks whenever Gray wasn't on. I will say that I know he's capable of it - just remember that ball to Branthwaite against Chelsea!

Massive for our survival, had to show more grit than guile on occasion but lots of potential. Doesn't help when referees are allowing opposition players to try to kill his career with each tackle. I hope Frank and the team are able to ensure referees enforce the rules going forward. Well in Gordon.

From what I could see where I was sat, there were 4 players left out with the fans long after the final whistle.

Gordon, Davies, Keane and Holgate.

Love seeing that. And I love seeing this lad progress as a player

Good season for him. I think he really managed to force his way into starting 11. Needs more work on his final ball and set piece., but that is normal for many youngsters. If he keeps working hard, I think he will be a decent player.

I would like to see more of him and Gray on the pitch, understand that the recent formation can't accommodate that but those two players have good understanding of each other on the pitch.

He's done very well in a very fraught and stressful season I think

There's more growth to be made by him as well I reckon

Hopefully he has a good pre-season and can build on this good season

He's the player of the season for me. I can totally understand those that will say Pickford, Richarlison or Iwobi instead, but for me it's definitely Gordo

Not sure everyone will agree here, but in some ways I think Gordon's exuberance and desire helped turn the season around

We were all so beaten down and broken, but Gordon playing for his life every week and showing that passion injected some much needed life into things and it led to the supporters getting themselves back into the groove

For that reason he's the player of the season for me. He was integral to us turning it around

Status
Not open for further replies.