2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t seen a manager unite the fan base as much since Bobby’s first year. We’re all behind him and he really kin knows it, a very powerful tool for any manager to have. Really think we are going places with him and his staff, up and not down thankfully. Happy Friday Blues.

20 points from 17 games since he took over - this isn't great, if you average that sort of return out over the whole season, that would have us one place higher than we are now. However, that does miss the context that we had 6 points from 14 games before he got here - the worst run in our 144 year history, so it might be reasonable to expect that it would take a little time to turn that around, as we saw with Eddie Howe at Newcastle.

Allowing for that, if you look at Lampard's last 11 games, we've got 17 points and if you average that sort of points return out across a season we would currently be going into the final day a point ahead of West Ham in 7th place. Basically I think, from the numbers, it's a little soon to be making any sort of meaningful conclusions, but there are some vague reasons to be hopeful.

On less tangible stuff, what I've liked about Lampard is that he's been flexible enough to change his approach - we've seen him change style and system. We've seen him get it totally wrong (eg Spurs away and the first 45 mins last night), but we've seen him make also be willing to adapt his approach.

He's also a pretty likeable guy - he's won over most of the fanbase and that does actually count for something. I wasn't a fan of the choice of him as manager but I'm more hopeful now than I was when he came in.

20 points from 17 games since he took over - this isn't great, if you average that sort of return out over the whole season, that would have us one place higher than we are now. However, that does miss the context that we had 6 points from 14 games before he got here - the worst run in our 144 year history, so it might be reasonable to expect that it would take a little time to turn that around, as we saw with Eddie Howe at Newcastle.

Allowing for that, if you look at Lampard's last 11 games, we've got 17 points and if you average that sort of points return out across a season we would currently be going into the final day a point ahead of West Ham in 7th place. Basically I think, from the numbers, it's a little soon to be making any sort of meaningful conclusions, but there are some vague reasons to be hopeful.

On less tangible stuff, what I've liked about Lampard is that he's been flexible enough to change his approach - we've seen him change style and system. We've seen him get it totally wrong (eg Spurs away and the first 45 mins last night), but we've seen him make also be willing to adapt his approach.

He's also a pretty likeable guy - he's won over most of the fanbase and that does actually count for something. I wasn't a fan of the choice of him as manager but I'm more hopeful now than I was when he came in.
We need to just accept that he is learning his trade I think. There are no doubt going to be some rough rides at times under Frank but he has a decent team around him and if he can bring a few more (like the other coach from Chelsea) then we give him the players he wants we can judge him properly then.

He took over a team who’s confidence was in the gutter he tried to adapt his style which doesn’t work with these players (you need to have technical ability and we don’t) so yes he scrapped that and played a way which suited his players. It’s funny how the last 3 managers Ancelotti Benitez Lampard have all conceded possession in most games, just shows us how technically inept these players are.

Well he certainly made it difficult for himself with that line up and players selected, but he threw caution to the wind, out a proper footballer and earned that bit of luck we needed to get the win.

Absolutely made up for him because i wouldn't aant a young manager like Lampard taking down a club like Everton, that's the kind of crap no manager would recover from.

Now Frank, stick EVERY SINGLE PLAYER up for sale today please, rup it up and start again. We'll, maybe apart from Iwobi and I never thought I'd be saying that.
Not sure he had much luck… or at least the rub of the refereeing green

He took over a team who’s confidence was in the gutter he tried to adapt his style which doesn’t work with these players (you need to have technical ability and we don’t) so yes he scrapped that and played a way which suited his players. It’s funny how the last 3 managers Ancelotti Benitez Lampard have all conceded possession in most games, just shows us how technically inept these players are.
This is the whole point, and why 20 from 17 games is a big deal. This squad was on life support mentally before he took over - as low on confidence as any Everton side I've seen. Frank had to re-baseline them, with a lot of injuries, and get them to believe they could get out of the downward spiral.

So, on paper 20 from 17 games is not good. But given where we were heading, I think it's a great job done from Super Frank, all while galvanizing the supporters

I understand the figures but it looks like they are being calculated with the idea that we are a good team. We are not. If we have this same team next season we will once again finish bottom half. Up to Frank now to start sorting the mess out and filling all the weak spots

And most likely their inability to keep the ball was exacerbated by panic setting in amongst the squad. Possession not the be all and end all but even playing on the counter attack you have to use the ball intelligently and make opportunities count.

Reactions: JLW

He's already on a slower timeline than Howe.

This is the whole point, and why 20 from 17 games is a big deal. This squad was on life support mentally before he took over - as low on confidence as any Everton side I've seen. Frank had to re-baseline them, with a lot of injuries, and get them to believe they could get out of the downward spiral.

So, on paper 20 from 17 games is not good. But given where we were heading, I think it's a great job done from Super Frank, all while galvanizing the supporters
What’s he’s done shouldn’t be underestimated

Status
Not open for further replies.