2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonight was a prime example on why he’ll be great for us. Boneheaded mistakes from players that he has no control over and he still motivates them to a win. You can look at many of our bad results under him and it falls back on players and individual mistakes.

He’s a proper man manager that we’ve not had in years, he’ll get better results out of worse players, look what he’s done to Iwobi and Holgate.

He took on 16 games of a side that was effectively down, statistically the worst side the league and across Europe, full of players with bad attitudes and no work ethic. He rebuilt that team and it’s attitude with Mykolenko being the only signing that really had any prolonged time in the team, he was forced to learn on the job for the first few games that’s not his fault. Truthfully I think he had maybe 10 games at most where he could be judged fairly on, the rest was a leaning process and now he’s learned.

Honestly in my opinion for us to truly progress this was the absolute best case scenario.
These players needing to dragged kicking and screaming to safety and Lampard knowing who he can really trust is a far better outcome than if we suddenly turned on in January and were comfortably mid table, those exact same players that threw successive managers under the bus would’ve done the same to him.

he's accruing a wide scope of experiences that will potentially help develop in a more comprehensive manager. He's taken a team to FA cup final , and achieved top 4 , made it to the playoffs with a championship team and was able to survive a relegation battle. I'm sure some will debate that with the resources at the first two clubs he should of achieved more and pulled us out of relegation sooner but i thought what he accomplished today was an impressive feat. In January we were in disarray, he wasn't provided the proper resources for relegation scrap although he had stumbles he ultimately pulled it off and he should be commended for that act.

Sorry lads, but I do have to laugh about all these, 'He gets the club' comments.

My opinion is that he's out for himself, if he'd relegated Everton his managerial career would've been toast.

Not holding my breath regarding how far he's going to take us in the future.
Totally right, I bet Man City fans are sickened having Pep as their manager as he just wants to go down as the best manager of all time, all the success he brings them is just for himself.

If Lampard is a successful manager then Everton will be a successful club. I have no issue with a player, manager or whoever doing everything to further their own career if it means making Everton more successful. If they end up leaving for more success then it’s up to the club to match their ambition, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.