2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wierdly Burnley going on that unbelievable run made Lampard have to prove himself, looking back could be the best thing to have happened as 1. He's pretty much now got such a groundswell of support behind him since no other manager we've had since pre Moyes. 2. He's had to earn his spurs the hard way, all the things about he's only a front foot winner whose never had to dig it out against the odds etc, well yup now he has had to and the hard way. 3. He's managed to get a group of players with zero belief and confidence to come back from the dead, the run we've had the last 8, dunno if another manager gets that from this lot. Can't doubt his motivational skills and can't doubt thet he invested completely himself in this job, not a hint of him worrying about failing fir his career being damaged, but genuinely feel it was him wanting to do it for the club and fans first and foremost, and that's the kind of manager I want and this club needs

The biggest concern with Lampard was this section too. I've always felt he will get better with a pre-season behind him. He's clearly a good coach, but probably needs time with the players.

The biggest worry was how he would navigate these games. Burnley had an unusual winning run, and Leeds won a game at Wolves they never would have done had a ridiculous red card not be given. You take those 3 points away from Leeds, they are on 32, and we are safe after Leicester.

There's some momentum now though. I think Ancelotti was loved here, and I'd say he quite liked it here, but not sure he ever quite got it as much. You get the sense Lampard isn't worn down by the club, but knows how to leverage it for success. Probably the first manager since Moyes to really get that connection. I do think it makes a big difference. Marco Silva is a good coach, but never quite sure he could really handle the quite unique pressure. Lampard seems to thrive on it.

Sorry lads, but I do have to laugh about all these, 'He gets the club' comments.

My opinion is that he's out for himself, if he'd relegated Everton his managerial career would've been toast.

Not holding my breath regarding how far he's going to take us in the future.

Hes done what he was brought in to do, and realistically should have done, so deserves credit for that.

Made an awful lot of big errors and we've got lucky there turned out to be 3 teams somehow worse than us.

Obviously buzzing tonight but he needs to learn from his mistakes quickly, as well as have the chance to clear out the massive stack of deadwood we have.

Lampard saying he came into a divided club

Wonder who split the fan base?
RB should have been sacked after the Watford game - 2-1 up 18 minutes to go lost 5-2 to a relegated side .....Moshshri & the board messed up - he should have walked then - he got off to a good start as we had easy games plus no injuries ......

Rondon was a waste of space ...... Gray was a good signing - that was his contribution ......

Frank needs to develop a good youthful side - we have so many players who are deadwood ...... plus some star players we may lose ... Rhico a certainty .....

I admired Lampard as a player and really respect him for the job he's done since he arrived at Everton. It hasn't been perfect, but he's not the most experienced manager in the world and he's proven that he's got guts, class and intelligence - three things that have historically been Everton hallmarks.

The very best of luck to him, I'd love it to work out for him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.