Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no other team has bad decisions against them ? Teams that get relegated deserve to get relegated, plain and simple in my view
My geordie mates told me they have seen a difference in decisions being given with them. When they were at the bottom, they felt like we do that everything was going against them. But they say that since the moved up the table, they get a lot more of the 50/50s and they tend to get the decisions their way when against lower opposition.

My geordie mates told me they have seen a difference in decisions being given with them. When they were at the bottom, they felt like we do that everything was going against them. But they say that since the moved up the table, they get a lot more of the 50/50s and they tend to get the decisions their way when against lower opposition.
When you are up against it the players are under pressure as a consequence become a little more desperate in their approach but to be honest when you aren’t just at the races you feel every incident more, you believe the world and their mother are against you . When things are going well your focus is far more on the result so in effect if you win the penalty that was put given has far less importance attached to it.

Of course you have had some what were obvious decisions go against you but you have had some go in your favour for instance in your home game against Arsenal. The most recent sending offs have probably all been correct and whilst you could question the non penalty against Brentford that wasn’t why you lost the game

When you are up against it the players are under pressure as a consequence become a little more desperate in their approach but to be honest when you aren’t just at the races you feel every incident more, you believe the world and their mother are against you . When things are going well your focus is far more on the result so in effect if you win the penalty that was put given has far less importance attached to it.

Of course you have had some what were obvious decisions go against you but you have had some go in your favour for instance in your home game against Arsenal. The most recent sending offs have probably all been correct and whilst you could question the non penalty against Brentford that wasn’t why you lost the game
Think I saw a Stat that Lampard had had more sendings off than wins. Mostly the sending offs were valid. Desperation makes you susceptible to poor decision making in the desire to win.

Oh, and we are terrible to watch. We are a poor team. Lampards has a job on his hands to rebuild regardless of relegation or not

It will be if you post doom and gloom every 2 minutes please reign it in a bit
Well, there is a very big possibility that if we lose tonight, we are down, but let's be positive because we still have plenty of points to play for and ...what, 36 games already, only two left?

My god, why didn't you tell me @Terrarian...

Think I saw a Stat that Lampard had had more sendings off than wins. Mostly the sending offs were valid. Desperation makes you susceptible to poor decision making in the desire to win.

Oh, and we are terrible to watch. We are a poor team. Lampards has a job on his hands to rebuild regardless of relegation or not

When he was appointed I posted on here how I thought he didn’t have the experience of a relegation to draw on nor did I think his style of play would be the best fit with a team fighting relegation.

That then leads to what happens next season because I think you will be ok but will he have the resources, will he be able to bring in enough to avoid the same type of season in 22/23?

Well, there is a very big possibility that if we lose tonight, we are down, but let's be positive because we still have plenty of points to play for and ...what, 36 games already, only two left?

My god, why didn't you tell me @Terrarian...
Great post, did you miss the part where I said everyone was worried and posting doom and gloom every two minutes isn't helping anyone, so shove your sarcastic post up your arse.

Personal Note:

Today is May 19th. It's also the day we beat Watford to win the Cup in 1984. How do I remember that so easily - well, it is, or in reality was, my brother's birthday. And he would have been 66 today were it not for his sudden death in 2005.

My brother, Gary, wasn't really interested in football. He obsessed over cars and generally being a really nice guy - because that's what a lot of people with a type of Asperger's (or something approximating to AS) do.

We did go to a few matches - and two in particular stand out in my memory across the first days of 1979 - Bolton away on New Year's Day - abandoned at half-time (1-1, Peter Reid injured for Bolton) - ice cold. 5 hour journey home slip sliding all over the road (which he obviously enjoyed) and Sunderland FA Cup (1-2) travelling by Football Special (or more precisely a 2 carriage ice box with no heating on). Not hard to forget those privations.

Anyway I thought I'd take his picture of us (as children) with me tonight because we might need some extra support in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.