Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Howe is a blue crap needs to end.

"When I moved to Bournemouth, when I was 10, I went to watch them being my local team. Watford, Everton, Bournemouth – they were the teams.”
In the same interview he said he was a passionate Everton fan as a kid. Even if that’s faded a bit it’s probably at least a soft spot. Put it this way: he’s not going to go soft on Burnley in the hope it relegates us.

In the same interview he said he was a passionate Everton fan as a kid. Even if that’s faded a bit it’s probably at least a soft spot. Put it this way: he’s not going to go soft on Burnley in the hope it relegates us.
It doesnt matter either way, hes not on the pitch, he wont influence the game.

Unless people think hes gonna field a rubbish team.

Yeah to be fair a portion of the fans probably would find it funny. Might actually be better for us they are away. The players though are buzzing and probably loving their football so I doubt they will go soft at all. And Howe is a blue so hopefully won’t be going too easy on the line up.
Newcastle will want to finish the season strongly. The players and Howe are to some degree playing for their futures at the club. If Burnley lose at Villa on Thursday and, assuming we lose to palace which isn’t a given, then both Burnley and Leeds have to win on Sunday to send us down. I think the odds are in our favour currently but that can very much change before the final whistle at the weekend!

I don’t buy any of this stuff about PL teams wanting to throw matches. There is too much on the line for them in terms of league positions. Both Newcastle and Brentford have a decent chance of a top 10 finish which would be a big achievement for both this season.

I don’t buy any of this stuff about PL teams wanting to throw matches. There is too much on the line for them in terms of league positions. Both Newcastle and Brentford have a decent chance of a top 10 finish which would be a big achievement for both this season.

It's madness, of course they don't

It doesnt matter either way, hes not on the pitch, he wont influence the game.

Unless people think hes gonna field a rubbish team.

Course he can. Thats why teams have managers. You see teams give squad players a run out in games they dont need points for.
But having been down there in a relegation fight with bournemouth i think he'll go strong as he's been on the other end of it.
Plus he has a dixie dean tattoo on his leg.

We'll need to be at our best to win.

Hopefully DCL will get some impetus from that goal he claimed on Sunday and get on the scoresheet alongside Richarlison.

If we can see that and get the type of defensive display we saw against Chelsea then just maybe we get safe on Thursday.

I think it's odds on now we go to the final day though.

If we do, we need to see Burnley requiring a win as well as Leeds. We'll get nothing at Arsenal but I'd be reasonably confident both Leeds and Burnley wont get wins from their games.

Thursday is an opportunity we just cant pass up to my mind mate, absolutely need to go to war.

I saw the odds you posted earlier, i think we usually do well with Palace at home, though they have been less inconsistent this year then they have been in previous years.

Im not so sure about Arsenal, its the type of game that suits us, but wed have to bring fire and war - im not sure they do that well.

Its about managing moments and staying focussed, going to War.

We know what we have to do. ;)

Thursday is an opportunity we just cant pass up to my mind mate, absolutely need to go to war.

I saw the odds you posted earlier, i think we usually do well with Palace at home, though they have been less inconsistent this year then they have been in previous years.

Im not so sure about Arsenal, its the type of game that suits us, but wed have to bring fire and war - im not sure they do that well.

Its about managing moments and staying focussed, going to War.

We know what we have to do. ;)

They just didnt want to know last night.
But at home it might be different. They wont be allowed to bottle it after newcastle and spurs results. Their fans are out for blood on the players and arteta. Be a few cards in this one i reckon.
Fingers crossed its all done by then.

Hope given after them Arsenal performances against Spurs and Newcastle, should we fail to pick up 3 points on Thursday. I was agreed with everyone that it was a no chance of 3 points at the Emirates, but they’re still a team that can be got at. There’s the added possibility that their fans will just be completely flat if Spurs batter Norwich too.

Status
Not open for further replies.