Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of weeks ago the stats/probabilities site FiveThirtyEight had us at >60% chance of relegation. Today they have our chance at 9%; Burnley at 35%; and Leeds at 56%.

Following the despair of yesterday's loss, I find these projections cheering.

A couple of weeks ago the stats/probabilities site FiveThirtyEight had us at >60% chance of relegation. Today they have our chance at 9%; Burnley at 35%; and Leeds at 56%.

Following the despair of yesterday's loss, I find these projections cheering.
Don't buy any 'magic' beans ay kidda.

The way I feel, if Everton go down I'll be a second-class citizen for the rest of my life. In the confines of Merseyside, I know I'll be judged by the colour of my shirt. I could invent a cure for cancer, and still people would take the piss.

Which is why I'm very grateful to be in Wrexham, where the only RS are student hangers on - the same type I encountered at uni when Man Utd were the big daddies for gloryhunters.

The order of the games has had a big impact on peoples perception of all of yesterday’s results. If we’d played first, and lost to Brentford, followed by Leeds only drawing and Burnley losing, we’d all be relieved today that it was still in our hands and a win at Palace would keep us up. As it is, knowing a win would have made us safe has made it feel like a hammer blow. Lampard needs to emphasise to the players how good they were before the red card. Palace are beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.