2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've noticed about Frank is when a plan requires to be altered that's when things crumble. We've been unfortunate where we'll be playing decent then an unexpected situation occurs that alters his preferred approach like the first Newcastle game, cp cup game and even Brentford and it throws the team into disarray. All three games we were competitive until changes were forced on us.

One thing I've noticed about Frank is when a plan requires to be altered that's when things crumble. We've been unfortunate where we'll be playing decent then an unexpected situation occurs that alters his preferred approach like the first Newcastle game, cp cup game and even Brentford and it throws the team into disarray. All three games we were competitive until changes were forced on us.

Read that a few times on here since yest. This is very different. 70 minutes to try and plug gaps on a pitch against a side who really did start using the space is very difficult. Its not like it was a 10 mins to hang on scenario. We even went 2-1 up against with a man short.
Many seem to have the answer on what the thing to do was. In reality there wasn't one. The card was just to early to hold out.

Read that a few times on here since yest. This is very different. 70 minutes to try and plug gaps on a pitch against a side who really did start using the space is very difficult. Its not like it was a 10 mins to hang on scenario. We even went 2-1 up against with a man short.
Many seem to have the answer on what the thing to do was. In reality there wasn't one. The card was just to early to hold out.
That's a fair point but I would of liked to have seen some tactical changes with personnel but it was a daunting challenge

Not entirely sure what he could have done differently.
Choice was have coleman in the centre and Iwobi to right back or sub off say DCL and put on Kenny to play RB.
He chose to try to win the game. Later on, there is nothing on that bench that could do anything. Davies? Long injury Alli? Nope Allan? What would he bring in the middle the others already were not.
There was nothing on that bench, to do anything with. We are on our arse, personnel wise.
Just imagine what Thursday will be like if Keane is not well. Coleman and Holgate in the middle with jjk on the right.

Hands were tied by the lack of a defender on the bench (Keane had better be deathly ill).

His biggest mistake has been the Watford game (and arguably our inability to break down the worse teams that just sit back well predate him).

Regardless if we stay up or go down he stays for another season. Pointless sacking him imo.
However he has not helped himself at times. If your telling me Ali isn’t good enough to get a role in this side when we are desperate for goals I can’t understand.
Refusal to play Patterson at any point prior to his injury and sticking with Coleman and Kenny who’s mistakes will probably send us down is another one.

Of course it’s not all on him but some decisions have been very questionable and shows his inexperience as a manger. But as I said I’d give him another season in what ever division we find ourselves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.