Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely struggled to sleep last night

This club is killing me
Yup, I think I had three hours. Wired from this plight, now.

I'm not mindlessly optimistic about life in general, and this week is doing me no favours, but Thursday is another day. If I have learned one thing watching football over the last 40 years, it's that every game can be taken on its own merits. We start from scratch. What happened yesterday does not have to have an impact on what happens Thursday. Every game is different. We can beat Palace. Do I expect us to? No. Do I think we will be relegated if we need something at Arsenal? Yes. But we can beat Palace if we are good enough. We must cut out the crazy blunders, though. That referee - who I think is always determined to stand out in big games (look at the preposterous hair style in the image on the home page article here) - was given an in by a stupid piece of defensive positioning and the inexperience of a young defender. We need to be better than that versus Palace. If we can be, we can still do this. But this team deserves no love from the fans. It gets our full support, but this day week the purge must begin. It's been a shameful 18 months.

I think hindsight it was undoubtedly two points dropped. Due to our away form, I felt it was a decent point until we Evertoned it yesterday.

As others have said, I had a terrible nights sleep due to Everton, which never happens. My chest is fluffed too due to all the blue smoke yesterday.

Slept like a baby myself. Disconnected from Everton affecting me years ago.

I’m not afraid to admit that in about the 15th minute, I was thinking about how boss the atmosphere was and how we were about to go up 2-0, 3-0, and it’d be a second half party of singing the blues

Then we Everton’d it
we were in control at 1-0,
without the red card this probably would have happened!

Slept like a baby myself. Disconnected from Everton affecting me years ago.
Normally, I’m like that myself until I became too invested yesterday. The atmosphere, the way we started and significance of it all was overwhelming.
we were in control at 1-0,
without the red card this probably would have happened!
We had multiple chances before the goal too. Ifs and bits of course, but I do think we’d have won comfortably yesterday for not going down to ten men.

Normally, I’m like that myself until I became too invested yesterday. The atmosphere, the way we started and significance of it all was overwhelming.

We had multiple chances before the goal too. Ifs and bits of course, but I do think we’d have won comfortably yesterday for not going down to ten men.
easily mate,have to put it behind us now and try again thursday.
i had a feeling at the time that watford might come back and bite us on the ass though!

Mad price for us this isn’t it ?

55CF0CE9-9C31-4BAA-827B-FEA93282526B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.