Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that’s you…. i’m sure more then you want us to stay up
Yeah, that's me. Life goes on beyond football. I will despair for the next week - and a bit longer if worst comes to worst - but I will get over it. There's no reasonable alternative, sadly.

We need to treat Palace like we treated Chelsea and United. Sit in and try to catch them if they come out. It's our chance because if we get out of shape they will do that to us with pace. We need Allan and Keane back the front three is probably Gordon, Richy, Gray. No chance of VDB being fit what a useless signing he has been too?

Not being a "I go the game", but that ground today at 1-0, everybody believed, that red card was like a nuclear bomb dropping.

I feel almost as bad as I did after Burnley tonight, very low Timbo.
I feel extremely down too but tired and worn out as well.

I do blame the referee for a large part of why we lost today. Thats why we need to channel that into something positive. 11 v 11 and I'm convinced we get something.

My normal negative self is telling me it's time to panic but thats not going to help and we need to hold our nerve. And we need a bit of luck. And we need a referee who will do their job properly.

I dont even know if I can watch on Thursday. I just want to wake up next Sunday lol

Looking at the top of the table, worth rooting for Arsenal to drop points tomorrow night I reckon, if they do then spurs are in control and just need a result at Norwich. They should stuff Norwich and if they get up early the air might go out of the balloon at the emirates. With the way we’ve over performed against top sides there’s no way that game is a write off.

Not our only hope, but definitely our best hope by far. I would fully expect results to go against us on the final day.
Agree.

Moreover, it was the first game in a long time where we were so superior over reasonable opposition and it felt like we were going to smash them, head into the final two games full of confidence, being able to rotate the squad and actually see if the likes of Dele could chip in before the end of the summer clearout...then the red card out of nowhere and the referee decisions going against us, particularly the non award of a regulation second yellow card for a player denying a goalscoring opportunity with a defender covering so it wasn't a red. That decision by Michael Oliver could have catastrophic consequences for the club.

We recently beat Manu, Chelsea and Leicester but beating crystal palace is out of the question. You guys need to stop.
It's not that it's out of the question. It's simply very questionable. Such uncertainty at so late a point in the season is understandably stressful.

The litany of errors this club has made this season is absurd, appointing Benitez, including the January window has been awful. Selling James, Selling Digne. Selling Bernard. Not replacing with any creativity. VDB, Alli, El Ghazi and Patterson(not his fault) none of them have offered much. When the reality is we needed a CB and a DM that much is abundantly clear.

I feel extremely down too but tired and worn out as well.

I do blame the referee for a large part of why we lost today. Thats why we need to channel that into something positive. 11 v 11 and I'm convinced we get something.

My normal negative self is telling me it's time to panic but thats not going to help and we need to hold our nerve. And we need a bit of luck. And we need a referee who will do their job properly.

I dont even know if I can watch on Thursday. I just want to wake up next Sunday lol
Im not gonna lie, I debated how long I would get at times for that ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.