Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All day I have been anxious and nervous. Burnley lost, Leeds drew, Man City took charge of title again and I thought it was my day and that I just have to last another 90 mins of tension before I can relax for the summer. And then that happened.......

You literally said it's entirely his fault in your first post. A kid CB who hasn't played a first team game in god knows how long. If we do go down, people will point at this game as a big reason why. And you have lumped that onto a kid.

Whose fault was it that we didn't win the man city game?
Can't even be arsed discussioning it with you lad. You clearly don't want to read the points I have made so don't reply again. The ref was crap and it should have been a pen. Everyone agrees with that but he never gave it. That doesn't take away the stupid tackle that whether you like it or not, cost us the game. 11 vs 11 we win. Simple as that as they were poor. Not hard to understand.

Branthwaite red the start and finish of the post-mortem.

We’d have won it by a mile without that.

If we keep our discipline against Palace, we’ll be okay.

In amongst all the carnage of that game, I agree with this. Absolutely everything comes back to the most naive red you'll ever see.

We were really good before that. Don't be monumentally stupid and I think we'll be ok. That said could really do with Villa doing us a favour too.

Today they absolutely had to but didn't
I've said it over and over for the past few months but ultimately that's why we are where we are.

Not necessarily talking about the past few games but we had far too many games with all our wingers within a few yards of each other when attacking. Crossing into the fella on the bench. I know I'm focusing on the attack but that's been our biggest issue.

Doesn't matter who the manager is , if the players don't know where to be when we have the ball then we have had no chance.

I genuinely have no issue with the sending off, I will give that to the ref but that’s a clear pen on Richarlison…

Blame the refs all you like but this lot are the real reason we are in the deep stuff...idiotic moments just about every game this season.

Just got to hope they can dig out some sort of performance against Palace - wouldn't bet against Leeds getting a result against Brentford.
I don't know any other team other than the bottom two that falls apart like this shower. Brentford had acres of space and this could have been a complete hiding.

As it is it is pretty much a disaster and very depressing. Clueless.

Branthwaite mate. Can throw in about how it should have been a penalty all day long but doesnt excuse the sunday league defending. Why is he letting Toney bebhind in while stood in their half? Absolutely diabolical.

He wont make it.

There's an error and then there's just shocking bad intelligence.

….it had happened a couple of times, Andy. The warning signs were there.

Suggests the CBs aren’t talking to each other, it’s basics.

i really don’t like 3 at the back anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.