2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is spot on. The best young English talent by a long way who will be more likely to end up at Real Madrid than some also rans like the current Arsenal team or the delusional horse punching fatties. Hopefully we get to have one more season of the legend.

Can’t wait for him to sign for Newcastle, the footage of a 20 stone 24 year old , with a stretched NUFC tattoo across his stomach, gravy down his face, stinking of brown ale and battering a horse with his newly purchased, fake LV , DCL inspired hand bag while being topless in -20 degrees, will be the stuff of legends

Young, English, proven goal scorer in the league, he’s an attractive proposition for quite a few teams. Doubt we’d let him go cheap though, so a sum of around £50m or more could well be what we’d settle on to part with him. Newcastle in particular are flush, and I could see him being right up Eddie Howe’s street.

This is what gets me , he’s not a “ proven goal scorer” if anything he’s proven that he can go half a season and score nothing but 3 tap ins

Can’t wait for him to sign for Newcastle, the footage of a 20 stone 24 year old , with a stretched NUFC tattoo across his stomach, gravy down his face, stinking of brown ale and battering a horse with his newly purchased, fake LV , DCL inspired hand bag while being topless in -20 degrees, will be the stuff of legends
He'll be a true Legend if he scores the winner in one of our games.

Dont care what game ,who
against , when he plays or comes on , if it hits his arse and trickles over the line , as long as its 3 points and safety he'd be classed as a hero.
I admit I would kiss his feet and clean his toilets for a month if he does that but even so, is he the future? Is DCL the head of a modern game high press attack game with technical passers like we have? Put all the jokes aside, I just dont think hed be a good fit for our future.

Carlo tried building a team, a tactic around him and the little but knife sharp sitters tat he was presenetd by rodrigues et al, he just missed too much.

Lampard needs to build a future Everton, with modern play and DCL like forward isnt that. A modern forward needs to be a lot of things at the same time, and not even necessarily scoring goals the main factor. There is a reason why Richy has been prefered starter the last 3 games when DCL was fit.

If Newcastle wants to pay 50, 40 hell, 30 million for him, I say lets go and do it. We need money for a new CB, a new DM and possibly a new AM of centre forward.

Last season he was unplayable at times.

Is Lampard going to play to his strengths of swinging in a lot of balls into the box - which is what he thrived on last season.

The whole team needs to cater to his style of play. I dont see Mykolenko out wide or Coleman (and he will still be here, make no mistake...and as a starter) supplying him with ammunition.
I’d sell, but if we are to play to his strengths we’ll need Townsend back swinging them in, Myko has to improve into a Digne or Baines, and I think Patterson could be the key new addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.