Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four point gap better than two.

Three game winning streak going into our final two home games is better than two wins and an insipid, momentum destroying draw against an abysmal team.

Four at the back gives us more attacking potential than five.

HOpE tHiS heLpS!
SAYING 2 PT GAP IS NO DIFFERENT TO 1PT GAP MAKE NO SENSE. WITH LEEDS GD IT MEAN ONE MORE DRAW > LEEDS WIN

The only team in the league to visit Watford this season and not score. Watford entered this game having lost 11 home games in a row. Along comes Everton. I’m only surprised we didn’t lose actually.
Their entire talk would have been around not making it 12. Woy has finally got them playing like he was brought into do. Often the way with a team relegated the pressure is off, it's almost a cliche.

With respect mate tonight we were playing a team that have only won twice at home all season and are already relegated. I doubt they would have scored even if we took a time out and did the crossword. I get cautiousness when necessary but he got it wrong tonight imo. We had a good run going and could have beat these easily. This one is definitely 2 points dropped for me.
He stuck with a winning side and formation.

Given we have not won many games this season, three in a row was always going to be difficult.

We got a point, and we now have two home games to sort it.

Incidentally, if we had got a point against Burnley, we would be nearly home and hosed. A point away with a tired performance is ok. I never imagined we would win three in a row.

The task is simple we need to be 3 point head of Leeds before the final round of games, 2 home games coming up against 2 teams that are safe and have very little to play for, we just need to get it done ASAP.

again mate this “nothing to play for”

really is stupid shout.

watford are down and we coudnt beat them

We still had chances to score and couldn't take them. Richarlison and gray both should do much better. If we take one of those, its a totally different outlook.

We dont score enough of our chances. Our finishing is average at best.
richy at times was alone vs 5 defenders, with no gray or gordon in sight. ANd when they were near and got the ball, they lost it. This was deffo not on richy tonight.

This is it, though, mate. This isn’t misfortune. It isn’t the players not carrying out his instructions, the opposition just being better or luckier, or anything else beyond his control.

Everything about that performance, setup and subs screams that he was playing for the draw. That’s not “a bad day” in terms of any of the above, it’s - and I apologise for repeating myself - a combination of cowardice and tactical ineptitude. It’s a glimmer of another manager gone by January.

Of course, the circumstances could have got to him. He might learn from this or just count on not having to make that same call in the future because we won’t be scrapping for safety.

Such is life as an Evertonian, though, that “gone by January” is my first thought!!
See I disagree. We had chances. Richie, Gordon, doucoure, Gray, all had golden opportunities but poor finishing let them down.

I can think of 3 occasions (twice by iwobi) just in the 2nd half where we pinged the ball across the 6 yard box yet noone met it. We had plenty of opportunities, but we lack that cutting edge or decisive pass. There is a lack of awareness at times between the players, and a lack of vision I'd say as well. We don't have a player that can pick a key pass or unlock a defence like James and Siggy used to do.

We controlled that second half, we have got a point and clean sheet away from home. And had the above players been more clinical, we could have won comfortably.

People want changes, but he clearly doesn't trust most of the garbage we have on the bench.

Also Leeds and Burnley do have a lot of injuries we are not to bad off in that department atm. Leeds had that tough run and they lost them all that has done us a massive favour

How any of our fans are happy with that is madness. We are in a relegation battle and that was the 3 easiest points of the season right their on a plate. Most of their team was out, and the 11 on the pitch looked like they couldn’t even be bothered and we done nothing. No urgency, no effort, no desire, just shameful.

Could be, or it could be tired legs. Giving their all against Chelsea and Leicester. Playing two games a week, which we haven't been able do all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.