Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 points needed from 2 home games against Brentford and C Palace. If we can't get them we deserve to go down.

If it comes to the final day even with us out of the bottom three but not safe then we're getting nothing from Arsenal. It's about as "Everton that" as you can get that we'd get beat and other results would swing.

We may not need 4 points either and could be safe by Sunday. I have a inkling though that Leeds will beat Brighton who are probably due a loss as good as they have been this season.

Burnley to get nothing on Sunday but I don't get people saying they won't get another point. What they will get and what they might get are two different things as with most teams but a point at Villa and beating Newcastle at home on the final day? It's hardly a scenario beyond imagination is it?

Same for Leeds. Unlikely but far from impossible they could get two wins.

We need those 4 points and need them in the next two games. A win on Sunday and we should know exactly what, if anymore points we need.
Why? Both of those team are far superior to us, with a much greater goal threat

Tonight was the chance to beat an already relegated team that are decimated by injuries and virtually guarantee our safety - and we couldn't manage it

It's on tonights game that we deserve to go down

I clearly have smaller expectations than most around here, because I never felt we were winning three games in a row. This season has shown that these players are simply not capable of that. I am happy with the point knowing we have two home games to get ourselves out of this now. We are bad enough to go down and I think we are in a great position relative to where I thought we'd be after the Burnley defeat. If we cannot do what's needed in these last three games, Lampard will rightly be sacked and we will rightly be relegated. I am comfortable with that.
I don’t think anyone expected 3 wins in a row but if you have just beat Chelsea and Leicester, you have to go to Watford and win. No excuse. None.

Just to play devil's advocate, we have just played Chelsea at home, Leicester and Watford away and taken 7 points from the 9 available.

Ask yourself, would you have been happy, if, before the Chelsea game, you were told we would take 7 points, would you have been happy?

I would have been bloody ecstatic. Disappointing performance tonight, but, we took what may yet prove to be a vital point.

Tonight was practically a home game due to the fans, against a relegated teams reserves and couldn't score.

How's the Brentford game gonna be any different

I don’t think anyone expected 3 wins in a row but if you have just beat Chelsea and Leicester, you have to go to Watford and win. No excuse. None.
I think the bigger sin might be not really trying to win. I am delighted with 7 from 9. We have two home games and will need at least a point from those, possibly four. This is where Lampard takes his final audition to manage Everton in 22/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.