Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not blessed with loads of depth but w must rotate. Those players looked utterly shattered out there.

I’d be tempted to go with Rondon up top against Brentford

He cocked up massively tonight.

Delph / Richarlison / Gordon should have all been rotated for Allan / DCL / El Ghazi with the former fresh for Brentford if we didn't take all 3 points.

Instead he's ran the starting 11 into the ground and now we have a half decent fresh side to face at home that could be a must win depending on results elswhere.

REALLY poor by Frankel tonight.

Worst management I've seen since El Loco in that 3-2 loss to WHU.

Very disappointing, we’re kind of counting on Leeds and Burnley losing games again, Watford where there for the taking!

We arent. We are counting on us winning games as its still in our hands.

We just bottled the chance to put a cushion there and make Burnley and Leeds fight it out.

You put in open play hes class and then his finale ball (assuming final ball).

He cant be class as an attacker and have no end product!
No his build up play is good but if he’s the one playing the final ball it’s always crap
I don’t know why he takes any dead balls for us he needs to work hard on his final ball rest of his game is good I would say

Well, a reminder - if one was needed - that we're just not very good. Quite toothless and lacking ideas. Fine when we're under siege against one of the top dogs, but when we have to take the game to a "lesser" team we just don't know where to start. That said, I'd almost always be happy with 4 pts from any 2 away games, but hard to feel very positive after that. On to Sunday, then.

Should have maybe freshened it up a bit today. Was definitely an argument to rest both Gordon and Gray. Just got to trust the manager and his staff at the moment. As pointed out on here. If Leeds lose on Sunday a draw for us after and its done....

Well if Leeds don’t win any of there 2 games we only need a point to be safe

If Leeds dont win any of their games we dont need to doa nything to be safe mate. Just not lose 3 games 10-0.

Leeds are the one is mortal danger. 0 wins and Burnley get a point somewhere they are gone.

Terrible performance obviously but think everyone is underestimating the significance of that Leeds result. Dan James now out for the season as is Jack Harrison with that injury, also Ayling suspended last game.

4 points now basically guarantees us safety, and that's with the teams below picking up maximum points. Market odds on relegation have barely moved - still currently around 14/1. You'd like to think we'll be fine.
even if we stay up after tonights performance saying well be fine...i dont know man. I think were pretty far from fine. We need a lot of new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.