2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t fault his industry and effort, decent skill to to hold the ball up and take players on, really needs to get a few goals (that aren’t deflections)
Was through on goal at least twice today and neither time really troubled the keeper.
Already have too many attackers who don’t score enough, if we have any aspirations of being better than mid table also rans (although I’d take that this season) he’s got a big season coming if he’s to make it as anything more than an average PL player.
I sincerely hope he can and does go on to be as good as a lot of people think he already is, but as was said previously, he’s in the Deleufeu / Lookman category really, and much as it pains me, Barkley was far better at his age.

El Ghazi or Dele innit, even throw the wildcard Dobbin in.

Is El Ghazi even in the squads these days? Feel a bit sorry for him.

I can see sense in Dele, but I'm not sure he is a winger in this Lampard system. Most likely we go the back 4 route, and Iwobi plays wide right (which is very harsh on a player who was doing well in the middle, but needs must).

Can’t fault his industry and effort, decent skill to to hold the ball up and take players on, really needs to get a few goals (that aren’t deflections)
Was through on goal at least twice today and neither time really troubled the keeper.
Already have too many attackers who don’t score enough, if we have any aspirations of being better than mid table also rans (although I’d take that this season) he’s got a big season coming if he’s to make it as anything more than an average PL player.
I sincerely hope he can and does go on to be as good as a lot of people think he already is, but as was said previously, he’s in the Deleufeu / Lookman category really, and much as it pains me, Barkley was far better at his age.

Well one shot was blocked, 1 he laid it off to Richarlison. I dont think either he did much wrong.

Is El Ghazi even in the squads these days? Feel a bit sorry for him.

I can see sense in Dele, but I'm not sure he is a winger in this Lampard system. Most likely we go the back 4 route, and Iwobi plays wide right (which is very harsh on a player who was doing well in the middle, but needs must).
Well Holgate wasnt feeling well, so lets give Gordon the benefit and just maybe he was under the weather a little.

Hes a young lad, so his recovery rates should be ok, only Lampard will know if he needs a break or not.

He's doing such a good job right now. Don't think people are appreciating how difficult it is for attacking players in the system we're currently adopting. Him, Gray and Richarlison are often up against 6 if not 7 opposition players trying to make something happen.

When we're more offensive minded next season, it'll be up to Gordon to carry his game to the next level with the players around him.

Would have liked to see him smash it across Schmeichel in the second half when he tried to cut it back to Richarlison. The pass wasn't really on, and low and hard across the goalkeeper always has a chance.

I can't believe he plays for Everton and is home grown. Jeez the kid is dynamite and can be forgiven any small faults in his game at this point.

As I've said before he's not offered the fall back excuse the others get/got at his age, "he's only a kid" etc.......simply because he's that good already and a fixture of our team. This is different to a Davies,Kenny,Branthwaite thing.

He'd be in any premiership sides match day squad even if only on the bench, and yes I'm talking City and RS too.

We worry about Richie or DCL being poached but this lad will be on teams radars as I type. We must keep him at all costs, best since Rooney and hasn't had a full season yet. All in my humble opinion of course ;) I've not seen anything in an Everton shirt for years that does what he does.

He looks a bit jaded to me the last two to be honest.

Which to my mind is understandable in a full break out season.

Just my take.

Wouldn't surprise me - he's had more appearances for us in the league this season than any other outfield player. The lad has been relied on heavily and it's really his first season to all intents and purposes

Wouldn't surprise me - he's had more appearances for us in the league this season than any other outfield player. The lad has been relied on heavily and it's really his first season to all intents and purposes

We've asked a hell of a lot of him mate and relied on him an awful lot at times in his first year as a starter. I dont blame him for being a bit jaded, hes put in a massive shift in every sense, physically, mentally and in terms of leadership, in his first year as a regular starter.

The Lad is a good un.

Status
Not open for further replies.