Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tuchel has already said that he wants Gallagher as part of his first team squad next season and only reluctantly let him go to Palace this season. If I was a betting man I'd be putting money on him spending next season at Chelsea, and only leaving the following season if he doesn't get much game time.

Yup mate but Chelsea could easily go out this summer and spend 150m on upgrading their midfield and then the lads like oking at no chance of getting games

Likewise mate good post.

Id do everything i could to hang onto Richarlison in particular and keep the core you mention - though Yerry is a maybe given his games return, wages and contract - but he has everything all fit. The players you mention need to be the baseline to build around, the ones who have shown and consistently show they are at it and care. Its been part of the problem, the culture at the club to my mind, im not sure the whole of our historic squads have had that fight for the club.

I think Coleman has another year in him, youd expect Patterson, to begin to come into it next year, but i think Seamus has proven over the last ten games he still has loads to contribute.

I think a certain clearing of the decks is healthy in June, Siggurdson, Delph, JJK, Tosun, DVB, El Ghazi both on and off the pitch and for the culture at the club, each tell their own story of excess and waste and poor decision making.

DCL id have a low threshold for selling, from a footballing perspective i said at the start of the year, that the only manager whoever got anything substantial out of him was Carlo and my fear was he would revert to who was under Silva, a fair player but not a 15 goal a season man. That was his challenge this year to prove me wrong, injuries aside, when hes played he just hasnt been on it and i look around and see lads limited but bursting a gut, i haven't seen that with him - all of the above leads me to think he is low hanging fruit for funds. From a business perspective though its a risk, if you are trading strikers you need to bring in goals, its the toughest gig in football adding goals to your team and a risky one if you get it wrong, so we need to be on that if we are selling. Lukaku a case in point.

To my mind we need another center back, an anchor midfielder, a play maker, maybe another 8 (though i havent waived the white flag a Dele). If DCL goes a striker.

If it were me, id be looking at Billy Gilmour - i rate him very highly, Brennen Johnson also, Frank im led to believe really likes Batshuayi, while if we did have money to spend, he loves Abraham to. Raphinha has a £25 mill release clause, in his contract if Leeds go down (unlikely i know) - however CL clubs will be all over that. While we cant ignore frees either with the likes of Tarkoowski on a free - we should be in for, as a mitgator if we have limits on finance. Priority though is a play maker. Gavin Bazunu or Sam Johnstone would also be a good investment.

Gallagher, will find a home away from Chelsea, maybe after returning there next year, i think the ship has sailed though and hes going for 30mill + - Billy Gilmour, in next year Gallagher, better player - though different, many wont agree with me there after his struggles at Norwich, but i think he is going to be a top player. Funny like Gallagher, who wasnt really noticeable in previous loans.

Goalkeeper is an overlooked area of vulnerability in our squad. Gavin Bazunu is an excellent call. Linked with Southampton and Bournemouth this morning and would not cost a kings ransom (City paid 500K to rovers here a couple of seasons back). Has plenty of experience at club and international level and would be a shrewd acquisition as immediate cover for Pickford and would be a very able replacement if one of the Sky 6 come knocking.

A couple more showings like the Chelsea game in the run in and this is a distinct possibility this Summer. We could also then clear a couple of dubious quality sub keepers from the payroll at the same stroke.

I think DCL time at Everton is done, use the money to sign some CB and CM because those areas need major work. We will also get a lot of duds off our wage bill this year.

Not really mate, we signed Lescott from a relegated team, Jagielka came from one too, Richy signed from one who would be in the boat of struggling against it most years (going down this) Dacoure for me has been one of the best signings we've made in a few years.

Kone was that managers Rondon, a player who the manager knew and as such was brought in mainly for that reason.

Iceland and Williams both bought at frankly the wrong age, this was effectively their 'last big chance at a big money move' and afterwards that kinda showed as the hunger goes

Bolasie blew his knee out, was crap anyways, Townsend was brought in for nothing and I've no idea why he's on that list for.

Problem isn't signing players from teams near the bottom, problem is when you don't sign the right players from those teams.

Saints and hull provided the rs with two of their back four, Henderson came from Sunderland, mane came from saints too, that's four out of there best 11 over the last few seasons signed from teams you think signing players from is bad,

It's about who you sign, not where they are signed from
Excellent post ;)

I think it's very important we get things right this summer.

I would sell quite a few assets and look to start again while trying to keep enough quality in the team to ensure a repeat of this season doesn't happen again. I would personally sell dcl, pickford, mina who I believe combined could fetch us anything from 100-150 million. We may even have to sell Richarlison If he doesn't want to stay.

I would then use that money to rebuild and have trust in Frank and the Dof to build a team capable of challenging consistently for Europe within a 3 year period.

I don’t want any players in our FOOTBALL team that struggle with the task of actually being able to kick one to one of his Freind’s wearing the same colour clothes as he does.

Godfrey is athletic but apart from that he’s pretty cack , the cb version on max Arron’s.

Signing players like him
Kone
Siggy
Williams
Bolasie
Dacoure
Townsend etc..

That have all come from relegation or teams that regularly fight relegation teams, is a massive part of why we are where we are

Would rather buy lower teams best players than higher teams worst.

Goalkeeper is an overlooked area of vulnerability in our squad. Gavin Bazunu is an excellent call. Linked with Southampton and Bournemouth this morning and would not cost a kings ransom (City paid 500K to rovers here a couple of seasons back). Has plenty of experience at club and international level and would be a shrewd acquisition as immediate cover for Pickford and would be a very able replacement if one of the Sky 6 come knocking.

A couple more showings like the Chelsea game in the run in and this is a distinct possibility this Summer. We could also then clear a couple of dubious quality sub keepers from the payroll at the same stroke.
I've mentioned Bazuna on here since he was 16. The lad is going to be a top top keeper, He will go on loan again as he needs to play, only way he comes here is if Spurs spend money on Pickford to replace Lloris. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. And he Bazuna won't cost peanuts either.

What the last few weeks has shown us is we need a ball playing holding midfielder, Delph has really been good and done well but needs to be moved on now, Allan needs replacing. Mina injury problems are also a big problem, we need another leader in his position. I think right back is now an area of strength, if we go 5 at the back, Patterson and Iwobi are more than good enough. Seamus can still play the odd game in a back 5, Godfrey and Holgate need a real organiser to play alongside them, if Mina goes we need someone in that mould to play alongside him, Can't wait for Lampard to get rid of the deadwood.

I think it's very important we get things right this summer.

I would sell quite a few assets and look to start again while trying to keep enough quality in the team to ensure a repeat of this season doesn't happen again. I would personally sell dcl, pickford, mina who I believe combined could fetch us anything from 100-150 million. We may even have to sell Richarlison If he doesn't want to stay.

I would then use that money to rebuild and have trust in Frank and the Dof to build a team capable of challenging consistently for Europe within a 3 year period.
DCL and Richy will both be off IMO. I'd quite like us to keep Pickford TBH

I think Tuchel has already said that he wants Gallagher as part of his first team squad next season and only reluctantly let him go to Palace this season. If I was a betting man I'd be putting money on him spending next season at Chelsea, and only leaving the following season if he doesn't get much game time.
Chelsea will surely buy a new striker in the summer. Anyone for a cheeky lukaku loan? Chelsea fans have not forgiven what he said and he needs games. Might suit both parties, can’t see him being a big part of their plans next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.