Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The leeds thing has only really changed because of the weekend against man city. Before that they were picking up good points. As someone posted earlier it has to be on us.
Its so open its scary. Im praying Arsenal turn it on. But then i think leeds will go at them and anything could happen. Its true they beat a poor watford side away 3-0. I dont think we'll go there and win 3-0.
Basically im still sh!tting it as i think we are still possibly the ones who dont score enough from open play.
Mykolenko will do a storming overlap on Sunday and curl one into the top corner!!!!
(PS I am still nervous too but we still control our own destiny mate. The shockingly bad run in we have is slowly unwinding and other teams in the mix, especially Leeds have got tricky game looming!
Come on Everton! Put us out of our misery, lads!!

No one has ever got it so wrong in football with this amount of money have they?

The problem is I'm not sure they've learned from their mistakes.

Attachments

• EvertonVsLiverpool.PNG
    EvertonVsLiverpool.PNG
    184.8 KB · Views: 131

No one has ever got it so wrong in football with this amount of money have they?

Absolutely horrendous.
Although these things are never like for like - they would have had a much better squad to begin with and could attract a far better quality of player. £20 million gets a better player for them than our £20 mill.

Nope, its the biggest waste of money in the history of football.

The other examples, like Leeds, they went into freefall due to their firesale, QPR didnt even waste a 1/4 of what we did.

As I keep saying, we have spent 1.4billion on wages, players, managers, agents and we are in a relegation battle.

You will not find a worse example.

The other examples, like Leeds, they went into freefall due to their firesale, QPR didnt even waste a 1/4 of what we did.

As I keep saying, we have spent 1.4billion on wages, players, managers, agents and we are in a relegation battle.

I wouldn't even just limit it to football, it'd be up there with any wasted business or government investment.

In fairness the club spent about 2p last summer so based on that outlay (while likes of Villa were spending 100m + again) it's probably not a shock to see club way off them and likes of West Ham and Leicester as all it takes is 3-4 key players to lose form and you can quickly slip down the league.

Previous summers at least kept the team around mid table even if it was mediocre form. The big disaster window was obviously summer 2017 with the Lukaku money spent on endless attacking midfielders and Sandro flipping Ramirez! Rooney was well past it when he came back and wasn't even playing CF for club or country at that point but at least roused himself to have a good first half of the season, can remember that halfway line goal v West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.