Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The focus is on Leeds. However, consider Burnley: for me they have a cup final with Villa at home next up and need to win it. They wont get anything at Spurs or Villa away IMO. Their last game is against Newcastle at home, and I dont think they'll get all 3 points from them.

If they dont beat Villa at home they are struggling badly to add another 4 points to their tally.

The focus is on Leeds. However, consider Burnley: for me they have a cup final with Villa at home next up and need to win it. They wont get anything at Spurs or Villa away IMO. Their last game is against Newcastle at home, and I dont think they'll get all 3 points from them.

If they dont beat Villa at home they are struggling badly to add another 4 points to their tally.
Burnley are also still extremely terrible.

We shouldn’t consider them any more significant a threat than we did before they beat Watford. Everyone expected them to do that, and they barely managed it.

Leeds I think will definitely lose to Arsenal and won't beat Chelsea. The former have 4th place in their hands and will bust a gut to get it, the latter will still have the likes if Lukaku, Pulisic and Kovacic at Elland Road who will be licking their lips playing against Leeds' defence.

As long as they get only 4 or less, and we win our home games, we'll squeak over the line.
No one will definitely lose to anyone, ourselves included. Strange results happen down the bottom in May.

We need to go get a result next week and take it from there.

Taking goal difference into account, we need to get either two more points than Leeds, or three more than Burnley.

A normal return for Leeds from those four games would be four points. That would leave us needing just two wins from five games.

Worst case scenario, bearing in mind that Burnley and Leeds are clearly up for the fight, would be that they both manage two wins and a draw. In that case, we need three wins.

We play Leicester three days after their match in Rome. Win that, and you've got to believe that we'll survive.

So many of my and everyone else's assumptions and predictions have been proved wrong already. The only certain thing is that there'll be more unexpected results to come. Let's hope that they're good surprises.

I hope Leeds collapse and get no more points. 2 losses in their next games and us overtaking could see that so I think that is a possibility.

I do see Burnley potentially beating villa twice though.

If that happens ( burley win twice) that would mean that they would end up with 6 wins and a draw in their final 8 games which I can’t see happening

Status
Not open for further replies.