2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might aswell keep him given the other options. Injuries are frustrating but he's miles better than the others put together and can't see any major sides wanting him.
Hes missed the same amount of games as Delph.

I doubt anybody will be in hurry to give him a new deal..............

Sadly his injuries and his high wages will mean we will probably look to offload him this Summer.

Might aswell keep him given the other options. Injuries are frustrating but he's miles better than the others put together and can't see any major sides wanting him.

Well the thing is we will need to sign a top centre back in the summer.

I think we definitely keep Godfrey and Branthwaite. Then it could mean one of Holgate, Keane and Mina to stay with the other two sold.

Alternatve is Michael Keane back to starting week in week out unless Braithwaite gets a serious run next season.

Think Godfrey will be sold to balance the books instead.

Cant see us selling Godfrey. Put a leader and organiser next to him and he'll be class.

At the same time Branthwaite needs the same.

I doubt Godfrey will play again this Season.

I meant next season. Eddie Howe is supposedly a fan so with Newcastle's wealth you suspect that will be a tempting deal for both parties.

I think next season it should be Mina, new young CB, Braithwaite and Holgate. Not amazing but FFP restrictions probably hamper things RB needs to be sorted out aswell so bigger priority.

I meant next season. Eddie Howe is supposedly a fan so with Newcastle's wealth you suspect that will be a tempting deal for both parties.

I think next season it should be Mina, new young CB, Braithwaite and Holgate. Not amazing but FFP restrictions probably hamper things RB needs to be sorted out aswell so bigger priority.
I dont think Godfrey has shown enough to get a mega offer just yet.

I’d extend Mina’s contract to keep him at the club a bit longer. I know he has a crap injury record but he’s miles better than any alternative or any potential replacement that is guaranteed to be another downgrade.

We need a good CB and also keep Mina, when Mina is fit who he plays with usually plays well to, if Mina is out whatever other pairing we use looks lost. But if we had another reliable one I think we would be set up ok.

Give him a new contract ffs. See the difference between him and Keane?
With his injury record it’s hard to justify a new contract regardless of his qualities. £120k week for 2/3 of the games if we’re lucky isn’t something we can afford unfortunately.
4B56CC4B-4BB1-4A1C-9DA1-5F59A0BE4875.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.