Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started going to see my local non-league team for a few games last season, then, because of the whole Benitez farrago, I started going to see them regularly this season. I can walk to the ground, drink in the stands, my lads get in for free when I buy my £6 ticket and there's no diving, no VAR, no surrounding the ref at every little thing, no millionaire bawbags acting like they're too good for the place. They finished 3rd in the league and I'm off to a cup final next week. I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and it has made me think that following a team that makes up the numbers in the PL is a bit like masturbation without ejaculation, pointless and ultimately unsatisfying.

I doubt we stay up this season, and if we go down I suspect we won't light up the Championship but at least there will be something to play for. That being said I think I'll be sticking to beers in the stands in the non-league.

I'm got some mates who used to be season ticket holders at Leeds, United, Liverpool and a few others. They all sacked it off for non league a few years ago and they absolutely love it. Just for the amount of fun they have at the matches

I think that side of thing is growing

I'm got some mates who used to be season ticket holders at Leeds, United, Liverpool and a few others. They all sacked it off for non league a few years ago and they absolutely love it. Just for the amount of fun they have at the matches

Non league is ace. Would recommend it to anyone. Also up the Chemics.

Just thought of another positive @Connor, the fact people can stop using “drop” as a verb I.e. “I think we’ll drop”. It annoys me a lot more than it should because I’ve never in my life heard anyone use that piece of terminology before this season.

I started going to see my local non-league team for a few games last season, then, because of the whole Benitez farrago, I started going to see them regularly this season. I can walk to the ground, drink in the stands, my lads get in for free when I buy my £6 ticket and there's no diving, no VAR, no surrounding the ref at every little thing, no millionaire bawbags acting like they're too good for the place. They finished 3rd in the league and I'm off to a cup final next week. I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and it has made me think that following a team that makes up the numbers in the PL is a bit like masturbation without ejaculation, pointless and ultimately unsatisfying.

I doubt we stay up this season, and if we go down I suspect we won't light up the Championship but at least there will be something to play for. That being said I think I'll be sticking to beers in the stands in the non-league.

Sounds like you aint doing it right sir x

The standard of the lower leagues is improving too, as most of the lads at Premier league academies and U23’s end up in the lower leagues, which is improving the standard no end.

My adopted non league club - York , have lads there who‘ve been let go by the likes of Leeds and Middlesborough.

The likes of Morcambe, Fleetwood, Fylde and Accrington are full of lads let go by us and the RS.

Just thought of another positive @Connor, the fact people can stop using “drop” as a verb I.e. “I think we’ll drop”. It annoys me a lot more than it should because I’ve never in my life heard anyone use that piece of terminology before this season.

And when we come back up we’ll have some other fun fact than “Premier League ever presents” and maybe “playoff winners”

Status
Not open for further replies.