Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because right now, if we stay up, we have to raise around £50m just to stay within PL P&S rules.

The EFL rules are much, much tighter. I thought it was a £50m loss over three years but in the Championship it's £39m over a three-year cycle.

Everton are operating right now having lost what, £120m?

Everton are hugely reliant on the TV money to keep going. That's what pays the wages etc. We have a huge, huge wage bill and a lot of the players won't have relegation clauses so we will have to sell those players way below market value and odds on would have to loan the likes of Gomes out as there simply won't be buyers given his wages.

The PL TV money will go. The parachute payment will cover some of it but hardly enough.

And we'd have to somehow get a whole new squad together that would be good enough to get out of that league?

I'm sorry, it'd be horrendous.
All saleable assets will have to go. Richy, DCL, Gordon, Pickford etc…

Can’t believe I’m sat here waiting for the Leeds match later getting more anxious by the minute. By the time it starts I’m expecting chest pains….

Fooking club will be the end of me… I’m sure I caught the misses making sure she knows where the life insurance documents are with a frigging smile on her face.

That's it in a nutshell mate , as bad as those days seemed there like halcyon days now.
I'd rather the next 20 years with no cash and finishing 5th against all the odds. Than what's happening here. There was respectability there. Some decent European nights. At least we where getting some accolades in terms of manager of the season every couple of seasons. I supported us with pride.

Chelsea is must win

Just before people start telling us Burnley and Leeds won't win another point.

We can only save ourselves and draws at home are no use. There is no excuse not to win.

It's not impossible. I don't think we'll lose it but a win.....dunno.

That trio of Watford (A), Brentford, Palace (H) is the mother of must win games to reach 39 points minimum.

It's not impossible. I don't think we'll lose it but a win.....dunno.

That trio of Watford (A), Brentford, Palace (H) is the mother of must win games to reach 39 points minimum.

It's pretty simple, we need to win all 3 of those others if we don't beat Chelsea. So I see Chelsea as pretty much must win, because we will be cut adrift before those matches if we don't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.