Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Swindon, I remember when they went down from the Premier (it was admittedly worse for them as it was before the parachute payments)

All the players sat on premier league wages with no relegation clauses. They refused to move anywhere on less wages and it crippled the club. One minute kissing the badge the next helping the club virtually go under because they wouldn’t accept less pay from the club or from another club.

I’m not sure our dross would be any different. The likes of Richy etc. would get half decent moves for much less than they are worth because they’ll go where they have comparable wages…. But I think an awful lot will sit tight on their wages regardless of the pressure it puts on the club. Who’s going to want them? Can you see them accepting pay cuts to help the club?

Mind you, it’s not happened yet so fingers crossed… but if it does happen the already strained relationship between us and the players is nothing to what will happen.

If we go down it’s in our best interest to immediately let the players know what we think of them so they are more inclined to £~<% off sharpish.

See below Chris

Exactly. Looking at a total purchase figure is daft when we actually spend a max of £50mil a season -- its less than a lot of other clubs ahead of us.
It’s more than enough to complete though; it’s £500m. I’ve never bought this net spend bollocks off the RS when they harp on about it be the same applies to us.

£500m on good quality is more than enough to challenge for top 4

Would do a job in the championship

Screenshot_20220425-135756~2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.